Played Yourself

A couple of months later, my company was in LA and I had a meet & greet to attend

A couple of months later, my company was in LA and I had a meet & greet to attend. Everything was going as planned until closer to the end. I just happened to look out at the crowd and I saw Kat walking towards me. I instantly shake my head no at her, signaling for her not to approach me. I haven't seen her in a couple of months and I didn't want to have it out in front of all these people and possibly get into an argument. She knows she should not have come here but she did anyway and that pissed me off more.

I made her wait another hour until the event was finished. I purposely took my time hoping that she would change her mind and just leave but she didn't. So when it was over, I gathered my things and I signaled for her to follow me outside to the back of the building, where my car was waiting. Once we got outside I stopped to finally address her.

Turning around to face her, "I don't know what game you're trying to play but don't show up where I'm working again."

"Well you're not answering my calls. What am I supposed to do?"

"What do you want Kat? I got to get back to my hotel, I got a show tomorrow." I say opening the car door.

"I just wanted to see you, I miss you-"

I cut her off, "I don't care."

"Joe don't be like that. Why haven't you called?"

"Kat I don't want anything to do with you. You're a liar. Why would I talk to you?"

"I'm pregnant with your baby."

"That doesn't mean anything anymore."

"Why are you staying in a hotel? Why don't you come home and we can talk." She says.

"No, I don't want to be around you. If I come home, you're leaving."

She sighs, "There are some things I need to talk to you about."

"No Kat, we don't have anything to talk about. Whatever you have to say you can say it right here. I don't want to be alone with you so you can continue to lie and manipulate me into getting what you want. Those days are over, so just say what you got to say."

"I want you to come home."

I shake my head, "No."

"Why?"

"I'm sick and tired of the bullshit. You won't get another chance with me. I don't understand you. You were lying to me and I believed everything you said because I loved your ass."

"I'm sorry. Let's just talk about this, we can work this out. Once you hear what I have to say it'll change everything." She said.

"What do you have to say?"

"Come home tonight and we can talk all about it. I promise all I want to do is talk." She says with a smile.

I look away from her, "No, I'm good."

"Why are you being so mean to me?" She asks.

She looked as if she was about to cry and my attitude softens. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I still loved her. Damnit.

"Kat, like I told you before, it hurts me to be this way towards you. I just know if I go home you're going to talk me into getting back together and us being apart is what's best right now."

Kat says, "But is it really what's best? I miss you and I know I did some pretty screwed up things and said a lot of things that weren't true but I can say I didn't lie about my feelings for you. I do love you and being here by myself, I've had time to think. I want to be with you."

"Kat, I was really trying to make this work. I needed you, I was trying to settle down with you but there's just nowhere to go now. I can't even look at you without wanting to choke you. I should've have left you alone a long time ago."

"I honestly didn't mean to hurt you." She says.

"But you did and you did this to us. You don't have anyone to blame but yourself. It's your loss, not mine because I'm going to be good regardless. You're the one who has to live with yourself. You got a lot of nerve coming here. You really missed out on a good man. I was really trying to change into the man I thought you needed...Kat I bought a ring for you the day I met with Ari."

"You did?"

"Yeah I did but I took it back. I didn't want to keep walking around with it anymore because I did walk around with it for a while. You know I had a little hope that all of this was a lie and we would work everything out and get back together but I realized it was never going to happen when I read the text messages about the adoption."

Kat blurts out, "It's not your baby."

I stood there for a minute in disbelief because I wasn't positive that those were the words that came out of her mouth. I looked down at her and into her eyes and for the first time, I could actually see sorrow in her eyes and I knew right then and there she was telling the truth. I just shook my head at her and got in the car and left.

Let me know what you think of this chapter comment and vote!!!