Let's Be Clear

Joe's POV

The next morning, I woke up on the couch. No I didn't sleep in Kat's bed nor did we have sex. I took a shower throw my clothes back on and was getting ready to leave to go home. I was waiting on Kat to come out of the bathroom from taking a shower as well so I laid across her bed.

I really haven't had much time to think of what I was going to tell Galina because I was with Kat all night. She has been calling and texting me asking me why I didn't come home and judging by some of the text messages that she sent, I'm pretty sure she has an idea why I didn't come home. She already thinks I'm cheating on her anyway so I might as well just go that route in ending things.

Kat came out of the bathroom in yoga pants and a sports bra. She was going in one of her drawers to take out a shirt. I couldn't help but to stare at her stomach, I couldn't believe that I was having another baby. Seeing her pregnant made her look more beautiful than she's ever looked to me. I never thought I would have another child especially how things had been going with Galina and I. I'm actually pretty excited to know that things didn't play out that way.

I get up, walk over to her and wrap my arms around her from behind putting my hands on her stomach, "I'm going to go home but I'll be back later."

She turns around, "You don't have to come back later, I'll be fine here by myself. I've been by myself for the last 2 months, I don't need you."

I drop my hands, "Why are you being like this? It's like you don't want me to be around. I'm trying to be here for you and for the baby. You don't need to be by yourself."

"Joe, I'm fine. Just go on about your day and you'll talk to me later." She says.

"Let's go out for dinner tonight."

"No, I don't want to go out." She turns back around and puts on her shirt.

I turn her back around to face me, "Come on, just for dinner and we can just chill out after like we used to do in Cali. Just give me another chance, Kat."

She sighs and looks at me, "What is going out to dinner going to accomplish?"

"I just want to take you out. I haven't been with you on a while and I've really missed you."

"We just spent the night together. Joe you're smothering me." She says.

"Smothering you? Okay, I get it. I guess I'll just see you whenever." I turn to talk out of the room but she stops me.

"Joe, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. It's just I don't think you want this. I feel like you're only doing this because you think this is what I want. So I'm just putting a wall up because I know you're not going to stay around. What's the point, you don't want kids remember?" She says.

I put my hands on her shoulders, "Kat, let's be clear  about this. We said what we said about wanting kids but now that you're pregnant, all of that is invalid. Just like you changed your mind when you found out you were pregnant, now that I know you're pregnant I've changed my mind. I'm happy and I'm excited about this. I'm happy to be having a child with you. Stop second-guessing it and stop doubting me. I want this baby and I want you. I know it's a little bit unconditional how we met and got together but I know this is what I want now and I don't want to hear anything else about it. So just shut up and just go with it. I know you don't want to do this by yourself and I'm here, okay?"

She nods her head yes without saying anything.

"Now, like I said I'll be back later on. We're going to go to dinner and we're going to chill out how we used to. Wear something nice."

She smiles, "I love when you put your foot down and tell me what to do."

I smile and kiss her on the lips then start heading down the stairs but then I turn around and go back up the stairs and back into her room.