Promise

~Another one today, not smut and slight fluff!! I really hope you enjoy this as much as I loved writing it. Remember to request, vote and comment! Happy reading

——————————————————————

Born a phantom, always a phantom. That is what Kuroko Tetsuya was and always will be... a phantom.

Noticed by no one, hated by everyone. Even if no one could pinpoint his presence he still lived and breathed the same air. He was alone, he just wanted someone who would understand him. But he has yet to meet that person.

He was sat beneath a cherry tree looking out over the traditional Japanese garden, while wearing a deep blue kimono with golden patterns. His face void of any feelings, yet under the hard stoney surface was a boy screaming for someone so save him.

He looked into the distance think about nothing and everything. The water was rushing from the fountain, pathing it's way to the bottom. Until it finally reached the pond.

The pool of water was disturbed by the petals that floated down towards the surface. The wind rustled the nature, almost creating a tornado and leaves, apart from that the surrounding was quiet.

Why? Why can't anybody hear me? Please somebody... help me!

No one heard his pleas.

"I am forever a phantom within the body of a human shell" He spoke this sentence out loud, knowing no one would notice anyway.

"But aren't you human?" A voice called from behind, startling the bluenette. Yet no expression showed on his ever blank face. Kuroko turned around to the deep voice and met eyes with a handsome pink haired man. The heterochromia eyes gazed strongly into light blue ones.

"...why?"

"Huh? What do y-" the pink haired man was cut off.

"Why can you see me?" Tetsuya looked deep into the mismatched eyes, searching for an answer.

"Why? You were always one to ask hard questions. I guess it's because your human" Kuroko gave the stranger a skeptical look whole tilting his head.

He answered "I am, yet I am not. I am but a mere phantom in the body of a human" his reply only confused the stranger further and he moved forward towards Tetsuya. The stranger reach his hand out and gently brushed some of Kuroko's hair away from his face, "No, you are human, you will always be human even if the world disagrees."

Kuroko looked up at the pink haired man with tear pooling in his eyes. He opened his mouth so say something, but before he could the stranger spoke once again.

"I will make sure that you are never alone"

Feeling a sense of trust towards the stranger Kuroko spoke.

"Do you promise?"

Those beautiful mismatched eyes flickered with love.

"I promise Kuroko Tetsuya, on my life I will never let you be alone and I will love you forever"

Those words echoed within Kuroko's mind until he realised they were familiar.

A young boy with heterochromia has said the exact same thing, Kuroko came to a pause and thought deeply about the young boy.

Flashback ~

A young boy was crying, sitting on a swing set pushing his feet on the ground to give the swing a gentle sway.

Tears were streaming down his face, the sound building up in his throat until he couldn't hold it in any longer; he let out a loud cry. No one even noticed, not even as they passed by the park.

"Why did you have to leave me, now no one will ever see me again"

The blue haired boy wailed in longing.

Across the other side of the park a boy with bright pink hair and mismatched eyes sat on a bench. There was no real reason he was there, he just didn't want to stay in the house with his demanding father. He took a deep breath and let it out again. Focusing on his surroundings, he closed his eyes.

Upon hearing a sad sound he looked up and saw a pitiful sight. A young blue haired boy was swaying on a swing set, bellowing out a loud cry. Seijuro, the pink haired boy wanted to comfort this poor soul and so he got up and made his way toward the beautiful boy with glistening tears.

"Are you okay?"

Realising someone was addressing him, the boy looked up and bright blue orbs met mismatched red and yellow.

The boy sniffled and nodded his head, Seijuro could tell that the young boy was lying and so he asked again.

"Are you sure you're alright, I don't like seeing you sad" the young boy replied "But you don't even know me, why would you feel like that?" the question was one that not even the young but smart Seijuro could answer.

"I don't know. But what I do know is that is saddens me to see you upset. My names Akashi Seijuro" the young Seijuro held out his hand while introducing himself.

"U-uh, my names Kuroko Tetsuya" he took the hand he was presented with.

"Will you tell me what's wrong?"

The boy nodded and opened his mouth "M-m-my mother, S-she left me all alone, she gone and won't ever come back" more tears streamed his face and he launched himself at Seijuro

After that the both of them became best friends and were inseparable. They played together everyday and even some nights together when they had sleepovers. It was like this for almost 2 years until one day Seijuro told Tetsuya some shocking knews.

"I'm sorry Tetsu, I have to leave... but I promise I'll come back and I'll never leave you alone again, I'll love you forever"

End ~

The bluenette questioned.

"No way... Seijuro?"

The pink haired man smiled and held his hand out to take, the boy did so willingly and stood up.

"I love you Kuroko"

"And I you, please don't leave again"

"I promise"

————————————————————————
Vote! Comment! Request away!! I'll upload another soon