Attempt #4 - 2017?!

United States, Illinois 2017 AD

Date: July 14, 2017

    A dark hole seemed to open up and swallow them whole

    A dark hole seemed to open up and swallow them whole. The group didn't know what was happening, but they were more than sure that it was nothing good. After what seemed like years light could be seen at the end of the dark wormhole. With a loud thud, the lot of them landed on the ground of a dark, smelly alleyway. The wormhole had taken a lot of their energy so within minutes most of them had passed out, only Ivar was partially awake. He was trying to fight of the overwhelming urge to sleep. He stared through half-closed eyelids at the figure who had ran towards them.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" the figured asked worried, "Hey, stay with me, hey! He-" 

That was the last thing he heard before he too let the urge overcome him. 

-----Days Later-----

   Ivar awoke to the sound of a loud, annoying beeping, he didn't know what it was, but he knew he was going to kill it if it didn't shut up soon. He slowly opened his eyes, a bright light burning them instantly. He closed them, cautiously opening them again, testing the waters so that his eyes wouldn't be in so much pain. 

 "I'm glad you're feeling better," a sickly sweet, girlish voice spoke to none other than his brother, Ubbe. He looked over to see a short girl, with brown, pink hair smiling at his brother. She was dressed in a blue nurses uniform, not that Ivar knew what that was. 

The girl looked over at him, her smile widening, if that was possible, "You're awake, I'm glad!"

Ivar watched her closely, not sure if she was to be trusted. She moved toward his bed, feeling his forehead with her small, pale hand. He tried to inch away, but she was quick to not let him, shooting him a smile.

"You're temperature seems to be normal now, before you know it you'll be out of this bed."

He glared at her, annoyed by her sweet attitude, but she didn't seem to care. 

His brothers happily talked to her as she moved to tend to them. She had certainly caught his brothers attentions and he knew that they had every intention to bed her.  As his brothers were distracted by this fanciful girl, Ivar looked around at his new environment, the bright white walls, small beds surrounded by metal poles, the curtains that were meant to separate each bed. He noticed the open window to the right of him, cool air blowing in every so often, bringing with it the sweet smell of spring. Ivar looked down to see that his usual clothes had been exchanged to a thin white gown type thing. With an angry glare he looked towards the girl, only to notice that the rest of his brothers wore the same thing.

Where was he? What was this strange world? Where were his brethren, where were the Vikings? He heard no screams of terror from a raid or any attempt to save him and his brothers, the sons of Ragnar, their King. 

As he thought of all the possibilities of where he could be and what could have happened, he failed to notice the new presence that entered the room. The doctor stood tall, at least 6' 4", the white lab coat contorted around his large biceps as he moved his arms to flip to the next page on his newly obtained clipboard. He looked up at the confused Ubbe, moving to put Ubbe's charts back on the front of his bed. 

"It seems you're doing well, you can be discharged in the next couple days. I'd say probably Friday or so," the brown-haired doctor spoke, a broad smile laid on his handsome face. Ubbe continued to stare at him, confused by what and who this man was. Seeing as Ubbe had only woken up several hours before Ivar, he had not seen, nor talked to, this man.

"Who are you?" spoke Ubbe.

"Oh, excuse my lack of manners," smiled the doctor, "I'm Doctor Sekoni."

"Doctor?" questioned Hvitserk, who had overheard the conversation, as he sat on the bed next to his brother, eating.

Doctor Sekoni looked at them funny, clearly not understanding how they couldn't know what a doctor was. 

"Well, to put it plainly, a doctor is a "healer", they use medicine and such things to heal others."

The brothers nodded, seeming to understand what the doctor had said. The doctor moved to Hvitserks bed, grabbing his charts and reading them, repeating about the same thing he had said to Ubbe. He moved on from each bed until he finally made it to the last one, Ivar's. He read over his charts before looking at the boy. He looked at him before slowly speaking words that may change this boys life forever. 

"Do you want to walk?" he asked, looking at the boy seriously. Ivar looked him over, wondering if this man was joking with him. Could he really walk one day? Was this man not joking? Ivar slowly nodded, his glare scrutinizing the doctor. 

The doctor nodded, still looking serious, "It will take some time so you will have to be patient. You'll need to come in every week for physical therapy. We can start whenever you are healthy enough." 

Ivar looked at the doctor like he had seen Odin himself. He might be able to walk, a sort of happiness bubbled inside of him but was soon crushed. He couldn't get his hopes up if he did he'd probably be sorely disappointed later. 

With that the doctor left the brothers to get some rest. Ubbe looked happy for Ivar, he smiled at his little brother before pulling the white hospital sheet up and getting comfortable. Ivar continued to stare at the ceiling until he finally also drifted off to sleep. Only one thought on his mind, I might be able to walk.