As the tears continued to slip down your cheek, your entire body hurting, you remembered how fast Dean had worked, getting the bullet out of his brother before you became the one to patch him up. How strong Sam had been, offering you assurances when he should have been the one needing them. Dean had taken care of the victim's, but your entire focus had been on your boyfriend, helping him to his feet, making sure the bandage was wrapped tight enough. Scared at how pale his face was, how much blood he had already lost.

Of course, he had brushed it off, moving on with the rest of the group, trying to keep up. You had noticed the pain etched on his face, the way his hand clenched against his stomach, his shallow breaths as he leaned against you a little too much.

Now, here you were, laying on the ground next to him, knowing that the remaining werewolves could find you at any moment. Not really caring if they did, because you couldn't imagine this life without Sam in it.

With your head on his shoulder, you wrapped your fingers through his, closing your eyes, trying to ignore the pain, and the cold seeping into your body. Closing your eyes, your mind exhausted, you let sleep take you away from the pain, hoping that when you woke up this would all be a horrible nightmare. That when you woke you would be back at the bunker, held tightly in Sam's arms.

__________________

Your head being knocked to the ground woke you up immediately. Rubbing the sore spot from the sudden movement, you tried to remember why your eyes were so crusty, your stomach so sore. It hit you like a ton of bricks, and you could feel tears welling up once again, and you wished you were still asleep. Sleeping forever would be better than this pain in your heart.

As you struggled against the utter heartache, you began to realize there were sounds in the abandoned cabin. Someone gasping for air, and you slowly turned to see Sam sitting up, his mouth open as he tried to catch his breath. "Sam?" You breathed out, not believing your eyes. Wondering if your wound was making you start to see things.

"Y/N." He croaked, his voice deep and cracked from pain and lack of use. "What...where..."

"What do you remember?" You asked him, glancing down to see his wound was slowly starting to ooze once again.

"The werewolves, and then we came here. That man, he...." Sam started to explain, and you curled your fists, understanding dawning.

"He what Sam?" You asked him, ready to throttle that man yourself if he was still here. You had thought there was something fishy about him.

"He suffocated me." Sam managed to say as he leaned against the cupboard, closing his eyes for a minute to ward off the pain. "And he's been bitten!"

Leaning forward, you pressed your lips to his, ecstatic to see that your boyfriend was once again living. "Sam, we need to get out of here." You told him. "The werewolves could pass this place any moment, and we need to let Dean know he's in danger."

Sam struggled to stand, and you moved to help him, wincing at the burning pain in your side. "Y/N, you're hurt." Sam exclaimed, trying to lift your shirt to see the severity of your wound.

"Sam, I'll be fine. Right now, we need to get out of here. Do you think you can walk?" You asked, but he wasn't listening. His hand had snaked around, lifting your shirt to show the angry red marks on your skin, the blood crusty and dried around them.

"They're infected." He announced. "We need to get these cleaned out. The sooner the better."

"We can, once we get you to a hospital." You argued, just as car lights shown through the trees, and you pulled Sam to the side, trying to hide from prying eyes. "Damn it, they're here."