Chapter 50: Better Not Be a Horror Movie!

Start from the beginning

     Then, I was in the sky with the moon at my back and the man below me, shaking as he suddenly realized how far up we were.

     I ignored the fact that he fainted, and simply went at one hundred twenty miles an hour to arrive at Yurein in thirty minutes. From there, I landed on a spire of a much larger Church building than the one in Severo and made the man wake up with a little lightning.

     "Uwa!" He cried out when he saw where we were. The church was as high as the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and there were no other supports than a mere black leather ribbon holding him from death. He couldn't move since his back was against the slanted spire's tip, and I stood on top.

     "We're here," I announced.

     "I can see that!"

     "Brace yourself, we're going in."

     "Wai-"

     Like hell I'm waiting. I dove into the spire while dragging him down, the feeling of being in a rollercoaster while unsnapped making him double over in the air and almost throw up.

     Thankfully he held it in, since it would've gotten me and I would've been more than just pissed-I'd throw him into the sky and only save him if I felt like it while cleaning my suit. Wait...I would be falling faster than it. Either way, I hoped he didn't have anything in his stomach.

     This personality is pretty dangerous, I realize this now. Actually, I only admit this now, I've always known. Sorry future boss, if this is bit much.

     Sorry not sorry...

     We dove into the ground many levels, seeing the underside of the Church in an instant as the multiple dungeons held people who wronged them, rightfully or wrongfully accused. They looked beaten up and on the verge of death, but I passed them right by.

     When we got to the lowest level, I stopped.

     The man asked me why.

     "Because this is the lowest level," I replied. Duh.

     "Why would my sister be here? She's only six, not much of a threat."

     "How should I know? I just followed the info in that guy's head and used a spell to seek her out."

     I left him behind as I trudged over to a door, the only one here at the end of a staircase. The walls were made of stone and we were farther down than the height of the church, which was insane for the young man once I told him. Everything around me gave off a musty and rancid smell, so I used wind magic to clear out the hallway. Also, [X-Ray] since the hallway was about ten feet long and felt off.

     There were only two traps, but they were very painful and deadly.

     One was in the ceiling, the first one. It was something that swung down with spikes on the front and made you peppered with large and colorful holes.

     The second one was on the floor, which opened up about five feet wide and sent you sprawling into a cage of chimeras that were half human and half something that you really didn't want to meet. Of course, with a little levitation magic it was nothing much. The only things that set them off were pressure and movement, which was also solved with an invisibility spell.

     The man almost touched a wall once, and was so lucky that he didn't because I wouldn't have saved him.

     Then, I reached the door. It was metal and strangely heavy, making it feel like it should never open and could never be opened. There were no windows that let you see inside, and I had to wonder what the heck was up with this six-year-old girl to have such maximum security. I mean, it wasn't that troublesome, but that was just my opinion.