A Dream

(If you want to cry, play the song "Oracion" from Pokémon: Rise of Darkrai when you're nearing the end of the chapter!

75% sure that you'll be broken down in tears and dead on the inside by the end! I do not own the music or anything, it's just really fitting, ok?

...how do I manage to emotionally ruin myself.
______________________________

Augustine's POV: a few minutes ago, while fainted.

The church bells rang in the distance.
The sun rises over the horizon of my icy planet.

Castelolia, my home sweet home.

I'm not from Popstar or other worlds with a large population of Star Warriors. I live on an arctic world, with nothing but tundra for miles and a few villages that dot the landscape.

"Auggie! Wake up, you silly goose!"
Momma's voice chimes in my head, making me arise quickly. "G'morning, momma. The bells don't seem as loud as usual today." I say, rubbing my eyes.

Momma's cloudy irises and navy blue skin reminds me of the ocean, calming but violently protective in the most unpredictable way. "That's because you never took your muffs off, hon." She gleams.

I touch the side of my head, and of course, my muffs were still clinging to me, in an attempt to keep me warm. Even though I was always freezing cold to the touch. Momma says it's a gift from God, because I never got sick. Ever. It's too inhospitable for anything to hurt me, so I'm pretty much untouchable.

"Anyway, get dressed, or we're gonna be late for Sunday school!" She reminds me. I stretch and search for my parka and scarf. After bundling up, I trot to the main room in the igloo, and grab a handful of snowberries, and stuff my face with them.

"Manners, Augustine!" Poppa tells me, dabbing my fruit covered face with a napkin. Even with his cool mask, his smile is the one thing I'm not immune to. When Poppa smiles, everyone smiles. When Poppa is sad, everyone is sad. Momma says I have his smile, but with her dimples. So, when I smile, the universe smiles along with me.

It's a thought that keeps me warm during the cold nights here.

Poppa's coloration is basically Momma's, but reversed. He's got blue eyes, deeper than the ocean, and snowy skin that makes him nearly impossible to see when you're having a snowball fight. A true advantage, carving the path to victory.

"Let's go, Berg! Momma calls. "I'm coming, Glacier, I'm coming. Just hold on..." Poppa wraps his scarf around him,  finishes his coffee and slides on his mask. "Alright. I'm ready."

We exit our two-roomed igloo, and trot to the village, where the church bells ring to wake those who wish to come.
*****************

After Mass, we go to the Southern village, where spring has risen once more. Wildflowers and insects of all kinds pop into existence, coating the entire place with joy. Momma goes to the market to get supplies, while Poppa and I go fishing in the lake.

We usually reel in a lot of small fish and a few big ones, but my goal this year is to catch a Chinook that weighs over a hundred pounds! Poppa says that grandpa caught one that was 90, and the average weight of a Chinook is somewhere between 10-50 pounds, but those things can get BIG.

Anyway, once we're satisfied with 5 big fish and about 16 little guys, we head to the butcher shop and sell our catch. He usually gives us about 5 bits for the larger fish and one bit for the smaller ones, so we just keep them to eat later. After Poppa makes a deal, we find Momma and begin head back home.
I've got a surprise for her.