Prologue

Augustine's POV...

90 years ago...

Knock knock.

"Come in." The door to my office swings open, revealing a lavender colored and unmasked Star Warrior girl, delivering a message. "Greetings, Caroline. What seems to be the matter?" I ask politely, putting away a report in a filing cabinet and sliding it back in. She pulls out the message from the main office, and begins to read from it in her soft voice.

"Lieutenant General Curry, Head Air Marshall Mercedes and Head Medical Supervisor Augustine are assigned to the Planet Truvius, to recruit the native 'tribesmen,' as they are skilled warriors and great potential allies. Beware, though. Around every corner is a new hostile environment, and every step forward brings loss. But once you have reached a compromise with the tribesmen, use the beacon provided to send a signal to us, and a drop-ship will come to pick up you and your platoon at your location."

It sounds well planned out, but why would he send the best of the best? I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I'm one of the greatest doctors in existence, Curry's the smartest strategist, and Mercedes is the head Air Marshal of the entire army. It just sounds a bit fishy...

"Hmmmm. Don't you think it's odd that the General's sending me while I'm doing incredibly important research? There's sick and wounded soldiers everywhere, and I'm the one who's been chosen to lead the healers..." I state with a raised brow. Shaking her head, Caroline adequately denies my suspicions.

"The general has his ways. Besides... th-the research is unimportant right now. For the time being, it-it will be halted and replaced with a stronger defense unit, and this is the planet Truvius we're talking about, Doctor.
N-No regular soldier could last a day there. And w-we need all the help we can get."

Hopping off my office chair, I take the message from her, and study it rigorously. I know my assistant nurse like the back of my glove, and when she stutters like that, something's definitely wrong.

But for some reason... I reluctantly agree.
"I suppose... you're right."

I hand the report back to Caroline, and continue to talk. "Are the others ready to go?" Nodding, she once again replies. "Yes, they received th-the same message, and should be waiting at hangar 12, next to ship 48B."
I turn to grab my utility belt with my dimensional cape, which had a nearly endless supply of first aid kits, syringes, syringe rifles, and other miscellaneous medical supplies stored within it. And yes, you can fit multiple syringe rifles in a Dimensional Cape.

"Thank you, Caroline." I say, exiting the office.
She bows her head, and soberly mumbles her farewell. "It was an honor and a pleasure serving you, Doctor Augustine..."

That sounded awfully final...

I board the ship, unaware that I was never going to return the station ever again...