Ch 21 Depression and old parks

"We could get you a new one. The dance is still days away," Fiona suggested. Kelly nodded in agreement.

I tried to smile and pretend I wasn't devastated over losing the perfect dress. What killed me most was how weak I was. Even though I had undergone some changes this year, I was still the shy, weak girl I had always been.

There was no running from it or denying it. Sure, my stuttering problem was a lot better now. Sure, now I could ignore how hot Logan and Cale were half the time and not make myself look like an idiot like I used to do. And sure, I had more friends than I had ever had in my whole life, but that didn't change all that much for me.

I still couldn't muster up the courage to face up to people like Tori. If I had only stood up to her and never let her snatch the bag from my hand, I wouldn't be without a dress right now. But no.

All I was good for was standing there frozen while people stepped all over me. I couldn't even say a simple 'stop it', move or talk. I was pathetic.

I was more upset over not being able to stand up for myself instead of my having my dress ruined. Of course I was majorly bummed because of that too.

How was I supposed to find a dress I loved as much as that one now? I felt like not moving and lying here on my bed for forever until this feeling of dread went away.

"We can try but next weekend," I said forcing a smile, so I wouldn't look too saddened.

"Ok, Angel. If you're sure," Kelly said.

"Yeah, you guys should probably go home now. I'll see you later," I said. Fiona and Kelly both gave me a hug, said goodbye, and left.

When they were gone, I buried my face in my pillow and screamed. It did make me feel better but only a little.

"Angel?" Logan asked. My face was still in the pillow, so I could only tell it was him by his voice.

"Yeah?" I sighed. I felt the weight on my bed shift and realized he had sat down.

"I could hear you screaming from my room. Are you ok?" he asked in a concerned tone.

"Just peachy. Can't you tell?" I practically groaned out.

"What happened?" he questioned.

"Nothing...Just go, Logan. I don't feel like talking," I said in a sour tone. Since my face was buried, I couldn't see what his reaction was.

"I know what'll make you feel better," he said. Then before I could ask what, his hand was on my back rubbing small circles onto it. I started to smile because it felt good. It was like getting a massage from an untrained professional.

He did that for about ten minutes and then I finally flipped over and looked at him. He had this adorable smile on his face and was I could see the concern in his eyes. I could literally feel my heart starting to melt.

"Thank-". He cut me off by putting a finger to my lips.

"No problem. Now will you tell me what's wrong?" he asked. I shook my head.

"So come on," he said grabbing my hand. I held on and lifted myself off the bed after he did.

"Where?" I questioned confused.

"Stop talking and just follow me," he commanded. I stayed silent all the way down the stairs and even when we got in my car, and he started driving. By then my curiosity level had reached a high, so I opened my mouth.

"Come on!" I whined.

"You'll see. Be patient," he instructed me. I huffed and slouched down in my seat folding my arms.