Ch 17 It's a Two People Kind of Party

My heart was pounding louder than the music. I shot Cale a desperate look, but he just gave me a confident smile from inside his car.

With shaky legs, I got out of my car.

The house in front of us was fairly big. I bet it could have fit over a hundred people. I just hoped that there weren't that many people in there. Although the numerous cars parked outside told me otherwise.

Even people outside the house were acting crazy.

I squinted my eyes to see if that guy really was only in his boxers. I couldn't just be imagining something like that, right? Did he have ducks on those boxers?

"Angel. What are you doing?" Cale asked.

I snapped out of it and looked at him. I certainly wasn't about to tell him I had been staring at a random guy because he was only in his duck boxers.

"Looking at...that bush....it's a good one," I laughed awkwardly.

Cale shot me a weirded out look, which I deserved. My cover up wasn't much better than me telling the truth. I mean who in their right mind looks at bushes?

Apparently I did. Were there even any bushes around here?

"Let's go in," Cale said.

He took my hand and led me inside. The door was open and when we stepped foot into the house, the music got louder. I'm surprised people could even hear each other over this music. It was ear deafening.

I guessed these party people never heard of volume control.

Well the joke was on them because they were going to be deaf by forty. If I stayed here too long then so would I.

Other than the loud music, there was the putrid smell of alcohol and sweaty bodies.

What a delightful aroma.

People were dancing all around. I didn't know what kind of dance move required you to rub your body against another person repeatedly but that move sure seemed popular tonight.

Especially if barely had any clothes on. That apparently made it all the more better.

Every second I spent between these drunk, grinding teens filled me with disgust. Were all parties like this? If so, I was glad to never have been to a high school party.

I looked at Cale to see his reaction. Was he as disgusted as me? The expression on his face told me that he was at ease.

"Want a drink?" he asked leading to what I was assuming was the kitchen.

At least having a drink in my hand would make me appear like I was doing something.

"Yeah."

I was right. We did go into the kitchen. There was a cooler there filled with drinks. Then there was another cooler filled with beer. That explained the smell of alcohol.

"What do you want?"

"Coke... Not cocaine! I mean cola," I said lamely.

He chuckled and got me a can of coke. I grabbed the chilled drink and opened it up.

"Wanna dance?" he asked.

I looked apprehensively at the way everyone was dancing.

"No thanks," I replied.

I started taking large gulps of my coke.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I eyed the grinding teenagers once more. I've never been more sure in my life.