Chapter 14 (Jason's POV)

I wrote this early update as a thank you for the 1k reads! Here's a look into Jason's (The guy who's taking over the Rejects Rogue Pack now that Logan is dead. He's also Logan's brother.) POV! Enjoy my Lovebugs!

____________________________________________

JASON’S POV

Flashback (4 years ago)

“Logan! I’m telling you I heard a whimper!” My brother never listens to me.

“Who’s gonna be alpha? Me, not you. If there was a hurt wolf, I would have heard it.” His arrogance was way overbearing.

I growled. “We both have strong Alpha blood, brother. Let’s just check it out. Worse comes to worse, we just waste ten minutes.” I reasoned.

“Fine.” He walked ahead of me, strutting like a peacock would. I can’t help but think I would make a much better Alpha. His pride will be his downfall. I’m only fifteen, one year younger than my sixteen year old brother.

As we passed into the outer edges of our territory, the whimpering get louder and the smell got stronger. Wolf. Female. Unmated.

Logan took off running. I followed him, prepared to shift if necessary.

As we entered a clearing in the woods, I saw a frail girl, collapsed from exhaustion.

My wolf whimpered. 

She was beautiful. Her black hair shined. Her eyes were closed. I really wanted to see the color of them. I bet they were pretty. Her cheeks were rosy from running. 

How far have you traveled little one?

“We should kill her. She could be a threat. She’s obviously not a rogue. If we set her free, she’ll tell someone about our pack and we’re screwed.” Logan used our mind link to talk to me.

“No!” I yelled aloud. 

“Shh, you’ll wake her up!”He shouted back at me back at me. 

Her eyes squeezed shut tightly and I heard a new sound.“Her heart beat sped up, dammit Logan! You woke her up.” 

“No I didn’t! You did, Jason.” She opened her eyes. They were brown like hot chocolate.

I like hot chocolate.

“Hey, little lady. Don’t look so scared. We won’t hurt you.” Logan comforted her. I growled lowly at him, warning him off. He just smirked at me. “I’m Logan and this idiot is Jason.” 

He’s stealing her! I practically called dibs! My anger softened at her frightened eyes. 

“Your name love?” Logan asked her again. Love?! He is not her love! She may not be my mate, but wolves are very possessive. 

“Mik-” She stopped mid sentence as if rethinking her answer. 

“Hun, this is Rouge Country. You can choose your name. It can be whatever you want. This is your fresh start.” I rubbed her back soothingly. She smiled at me appreciatively.

“Mikky. My name is Mikky.”

End of Flashback