Chapter 13

The Blood Moon Pack has a ‘Pack Breakfast’ once a month. It’s a pack bonding thing.

So, that’s how I ended up sitting at a table with all of my former pack mates.

It was awkward to say the least. “So, I heard you were back.” Sneered Sylvia Madison.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the cliches. We don’t need that.” I rolled my eyes at the blonde barbie.

“You’re trying to come into my territory, hun. I’m the future Luna here, so you can go back to wherever you ran away to because no one wants you here.” She smirked proud of herself. Her grin quickly dropped at the sound of multiple growls.

“First off, hun, I’m being held here against my will. Y’know what that means? I’d gladly go back home. Second off, you can have Ryder,” My wolf growled at me. “I don’t want him. Nor am I going to be future luna. I mean how could I ever love the man who ordered my fiance dead?” I masked the pain in my own voice. I heard him roar, but I ignored it, too focused on the thrill of the hunt.

“And lastly, if you think you can threaten me, you have another thing coming. I wont hesitate to tear out your throat and scar that botox injected face. You’re nineteen. Do you age that badly?” 

She lunged across the table at me. I saw it coming by just the look on her face. I’ve been trained to fight by the most dangerous men. 

I grabbed her throat and slammed her to the ground. “The second I met my pack, Mikayla died and Mikky was born. Back in my territory, I killed anyone who challenged me, and believe me, there were loads of them.” I saw the pure terror in her eyes. It was exhilarating. I missed this feeling. The power that filled me as I saw the life drain out of my challenger.

“Give me one reason I shouldn’t snap your pathetic little neck. It would be like snapping a twig.” I grew soft the couple days I’ve been here. No more. Mikky is here to stay, well at least until I make my escape.

“P-please.” She choked out. 

“Not good enough.” I whispered to her. I grabbed her chin and snapped it to the side until I heard the satisfying crack. 

I left Sylvia’s dead body and stood up from where I was crouching on the floor. Luckily the children were ushered out of the room as soon as Sylvia lunged. 

The men stood there wide-eyed and terrified. I almost laughed. Cowards. All of them.

Ryder was staring at me in... awe? And even lust? 

“I snapped one of your pack member’s necks and your staring at me as if I started pole dancing in the middle of breakfast.” I said to him in a monotone voice.

His eyes glazed over, and he licked his lips.

“DON’T PICTURE IT!” I yelled at him. He snapped out of it and smiled at me sheepishly. 

“Jay, get rid of Sylvia. There will be no funeral. She is a traitor for attacking my luna.”

My brother nodded and walked over to the lifeless body.

“I’m not your luna.” I mumbled, knowing there was really no point of saying that. He wasn’t going to correct himself.

“Mikayla,”

“Mikky.” I corrected him. “Didn’t you hear the whole ‘Mikayla is dead’ speech?”

“I’m not calling you that.” he folded his arms like a stubborn child. 

“Mikayla represents everything weak that I was. If you call me that again, I will take it as an insult.” I could be stubborn too.

“Fine, I’ll call you something else. Mikky represents what he,” Logan. “turned you into.”