Chapter 6 (Little bit of Ryder's POV)

Ryder’s POV

We are expecting the Blue Mountain Alpha this morning. At first I thought that it was weird because the Blue Mountain Pack was definitely not one for socializing. However you can never have too many allies, so I allowed it. 

It was four thirty when my Beta, Jay, alerted me that there was a Black SUV in our territory. That gives me an hour or so to get ready.

I threw on black basketball shorts and a wife beater. I wanted to make a good impression and all that, but it was just too early for that. I mean, seriously? Four freaking thirty?! 

I walked outside and waited for the car to pull up. 

I walked into the kitchen and had my maid, Maria, make me waffles. She’s in her late sixties, but still refuses to retire. I have to admire that.

“Are you nervous Alpha?” She asked as she put a plate of steaming blueberry waffles in front of me. 

“Why would I be nervous?” I asked taking a huge bite.

“Blue Mountain has no known allies. This could be a huge opportunity for our pack. No one knows a lot about them either. We don’t know their numbers, but if they have a lot-”

I cut her off. “Maria, I know what’s going on. I’m not nervous. They are just wolves. If it was Megan Fox, I don’t think that I’d be nervous.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes, yes. I know. Our big strong Alpha.” She chuckled. If it was anyone other than Maria, I would take it as disrespect, but Maria has helped me through a lot after Mikayla left.

“Finish up. They’ll be here soon.” As she said that, Jay walked in. Maria handed him a plate, but before he even got a bite, the SUV pulled into the lot. 

“Thanks Maria. See ya.” I waved and walked out the door with Jay on my heels.

The windows were tinted. I could see inside if I wanted to, but I didn’t want to do anything that would offend the Alpha of a potential ally.

A male with blonde stepped opened the door, and stepped out. My wolf growl. 

I ignored him.

“Alpha Ryan?” He asked me. He looked a little hostile as well.

“Yeah, you can just call me Ryder.” I tried smoothing things over, even though I don’t know what I did wrong.

“I’m Alpha Logan.” He answered.

“What’s your full name?” I asked out of curiosity.

“It’s just Logan.” He still looked like he wanted to strangle me. “I’ve brought my mate with me. I want it known that if anyone touches her, they die by my hand.”

“Um, ok. I’ll announce that at the pack meeting later. My wolves are honorable. They don’t go after mated wolves.” I clenched my jaw. Jay stood by me silently.

Logan walked around the car and opened the passenger door. 

The smell hit me. I almost doubled over. I’d recognize that scent anywhere. It’s been four years. It was slightly different though. My wolf growled loudly.

Logan held his hand out. I saw a delicate hand reach out and grab Logan’s. My wolf was ready to attack. I saw her step out of the SUV.

Mikayla.

My eyes bulged out my my head for a minute. All the searching that I’ve done, and she finds her own way home. I was frozen in shock. Her black hair was longer. Her waist was smaller, her chest bigger. I couldn’t see her butt clearly, but I knew I’d fall in love with it. She no longer wore glasses. She carried herself differently as well. Like she owns