Chapter 48: Pirates of Smile...Heh, Nothing Much

Start from the beginning

     Probably thought she was about to die. Well, at least this will make her reflect on her actions.

     Thinking she may just be taken and saved if found, having been wrongly accused, I took some paper I found sitting in the receptionist's desk she worked at and wrote down everything I knew about her. Of course, I reached through a small portal for it.

     It took a lot of time to make the handwriting absolutely perfect, and make sure there weren't any spelling mistakes as I wrote this all down in the language of Bytriste, which was international. I didn't know how to write in their language, even though I had been fluently conversing in it all this time. I may be a little genius, but I wasn't that smart.

     Once it was done, I coated it with mana like it was laminated and used a black ribbon to tie it to Debrah's face. I guess it would be my calling card, the way I tie that specific ribbon. When I stepped back, it looked like a package you would give someone for Christmas. Too bad they didn't have UPS, I loved the American version of delivery service.

     Then, I remembered the path on the map I memorized and took off in the direction of Smile Islands.

     I was silent, blending into the night as I rose above the clouds, darting through like a bird of prey on the hunt.

     The only thing I was worried about was that I would run of mana very fast at this rate. The counter was running down fairly fast, to the point I was wondering if I would have to sleep on the island for a while.

     I'd been expecting that the ship would find a cove and hide. I didn't expect that they would blatantly dock at the old port in plain sight. How stupid. Or are my ways just too cautious for this world?

     I flew down into the trees, ignoring the mountains in the background and the old, rundown houses. The island couldn't have been more than eight miles long, five wide. Now that I thought about it, there wasn't anywhere much to hide. The other islands were much, much bigger but they chose this one. I didn't question why.

     The pirates, people I had expecting to be like Luffy and crew for some reason, were strolling around blatantly. Looking around for anything they might pillage, the men were digging in the floors of homes, searching for anything that might have been valuable to be left behind. How convenient. I wouldn't have to dig the holes anymore.

They were the noisiest "secret" bunch I'd ever encountered. There were jeers and shouts coming from multiple houses, making me wonder about how quiet it would be once they were all gone.

Oh, I hope you weren't mistaken in thinking they would leave on their ship. No, I mean when I kill them all and use the holes they dug to bury them in the end.

     As I walked through the dark greenery, I listened to the animals of the night. There weren't many around, since the island wasn't big enough to house some types, but they were always present. There was a wolf type beast coming down the hill behind me, along with its cub. The birds were sleeping, but the bats were watching me as I floated by. My feet did not touch the ground, since it would make noise. The trees bent away from me as I went forward, rustling only the tiniest bit. I wondered if it was possible that nature could feel what I was and purposefully display its distaste. Worked for Aloire, why not me?

     It looked like I was a specter, glowing in the moonlight. The black dress, suit, and veil blended in with the darkness, but the white hair was fantastical and luminescent.

     Eventually, I came to the edge of the tree line. Nigh of thirty feet away was the first pillaged house, the men inside coming out while drinking from musty bottles that had been unearthed. None of them look important, I finalized as my ribbons slithered along the ground, leaving me. So they don't need to live anymore.