Chapter Fourteen: Torn....

Regular POV
After being separated in such short notice....Gilbert has taken the last plane to Germany and Matthew went back in his house since it was freezing cold outside. Was this the complete end of them?

Matthew's POV
'What did I do to deserve this.....? Why Gil....? Why did you leave me?' So many thoughts raced through my head...it made me feel dizzy....very dizzy. I went upstairs to what is now to be called 'my' room.... instead of 'our' room. I took out my phone to call Gilbert, hoping that he would answer.....but I was blessed with no luck because it went straight to voicemail. I laid down and held my stomach which still hurted due to all of stress I've endured...."Sorry my little baby....."

My phone soon started ringing, making me answer it quickly and put it up to my ear without seeing the caller id "Hello? Gil?!"

"Uh no? It's me little bro, Alfred. I just wanted to see how you're doing. Is everything alright?" Alfred said, sounding very worried now.....due me saying Gil's name in such a worried manner

"Yeah..... I'm fine Alfred....just had somewhat a stressful day...."  I tried to hold back tears but they just started to fall with a sniff following after "Alfred please come over....I need to speak with you about something important...."

"Sure little bro. I'll be there shortly." Alfred ended the call quickly.

Alfred's POV
What could possibly be wrong with Mattie? Hopefully that damn albino German didn't do anything bad to my little brother or else I'll punch him so hard that he will only see my flag for days on end. I got in my car and started to make my way to Mattie's house.

After about 2 hours of driving, I finally made it to Mattie's house. I got  out of my car quickly and ran up the stairs to his front door. When I arrived at the door, I rung the doorbell twice.

Footsteps were coming slowly behind the door. The door clicked and started to slowly open. Mattie appeared behind it "Hey Alfred....thanks for coming here..." Matthew's eyes were puffy and red.

"Anything for you little bro." I walked into Matthew's house and ruffed his hair "Where is that albino lover of yours....?"

Matthew's POV
Hopefully Alfred doesn't go crazy when I tell him....I can't really get my hopes up because....he is America after all and most importantly.....my older brother "He......um....let's go to the living room first...."

Alfred started walking to the living room "As you wish, little bro."

I followed right behind Alfred. Oh maple....how should I even tell him about all of this....? I sat down the couch as Alfred sat down next to me.

"So little bro.... what's wrong with you?" Alfred asked as he lightly patted my head.

"About Gilbert.....he....sorta left me in short notice....several hours ago...."  I said shyly

"What?! Where did that bastard go?! I'm going to kick his ass!" Alfred yelled, startling me.

"A-Alfred please don't be so harsh......" I said shyly.

Alfred stood up clenching his fist "He hurt you Mattie!" He looked at me, having pure anger in his eyes "How is he going to knock you up, accept the child, then leave you! I swear if he dare shows his face again I'll-!"

I cut him off by yelling back "Alfred stop!" The pain in my stomach arose again, making me bend over "Please...."

Alfred sighed softly and sat down "Sorry...... little bro the stress is getting to the baby as well..." He lightly placed his hand on my back "That Gilbert guy.... I'm going to make him stay way from you....he doesn't deserve you...."

"I guess...." I sighed and slowly stood up "Alfred....can you stay here with me for a while....?

"Sure little bro, but first I'm going to call Arthur and  Francis....they need to hear about this too...." Alfred took out his phone and went to the kitchen to call them.

Oh maple....why can't I have a  normal life to live...

Gilbert's POV
Whatever West is getting at....better be good or else he is so dead. I don't want want Birdie and little birdie or birdies to be in danger or in any risks. Either way it goes, they are in danger because I left them alone......hopefully Birdie had gotten a hold of someone to take care of him.... sorry Birdie....

After several more hours of the plane ride and about half an hour of riding a taxi to my brother's house, I walked up to the door and knocked on it.

There wasn't really a wait for West to open the door "I'm glad that you took my word Gilbert...."

I pushed past Ludwig "You ruined my chance to start a new beginning with someone...."

"It's for you own good and that country's good too, little brother....." Ludwig closed the door and walked to the living room "I have to show you something..."

I reluctantly followed Ludwig to the living room and sat down on the couch there was so many books and papers on the coffee table and a few books on the floor.

Ludwig sighed "Bringing a new country into the world is a difficult situation..... fighting over land, redistributing land, making amends with others, you becoming a nation again....and the child would be born with the duty to serve for his or her land. How could you be so careless Gilbert....this is why I make you pay attention in meetings and get rid of your night life...."

"I can do whatever I want West! You can't tell me what to do! I'm not a nation anymore, so I could careless for what I do! All I know is that Matthew and our baby or babies is the only to people I strive to live and care for!" I've never been so angry in my life....how can West be so cruel?!

Ludwig pinched the bridge of his nose "They are safer when you're not with them....end of story Gilbert...."

"I swear if they get hurt West..... I'm never going to forgive you..." I stood up and made my way to my room. My own brother torn me apart from my developing family......how unawesome....