Chapter Twelve: Becoming Close Once Again

Regular POV
The two long time friends went out to a famous bar. The time was 7pm. Carlos ordered his usual Hard Liquor with some cream in it. He tried to order some for Matthew, but Matthew quickly rejected the offer nicely and just ordered water. Matthew just played it off by telling Carlos that his alcoholic beverage tolerance is very low, yet it's it indeed true.

Matthew's POV
I sipped my water and listened to Carlos talk on and on about what happened with him over the years. It's been sooo long since we hung out.  Some of the things he talked about was funny to the point I could barely breathe and others were sad in a way but I didn't cry....well maybe I did.

Carlos laughed a little "Well, enough of me talking on and on about myself, what's your story?"

"Oh umm....it's nothing much that really interesting." I laughed nervously. Should I tell him about my pregnancy....?

"Oh come on! At least it's something enough for a conversation!" Carlos had a huge smile on his face and his eyes were full of wonder.

"Okay Okay um......well after we got distant from each other, I went on about my normal boring life until just a few or so months ago that all changed." I drinking some of my water.

Carlos was  so interested that he didn't even look away for a second

"My normal boring life changed because during one meeting, I met the most nicest guy ever. We instantly become friends and started hanging out soon after. That day was the best day ever because I made a friend for the first time in many years and I was noticed by someone other than You, Papa, Arthur, and Alfred in any years." I smiled a little at the thought of Prussia "The guy even got me pr-" I stopped mid sentence.

Carlos' smile went away and he tilted his head "Pr?"

Oh maple! I messed up! What do I do!? What do I do!? If I say nevermind, he won't buy it! "Uhhh, prrreeeettyyyy!? Yeah! Pretty! Uhhh Maple Leaves" Nice save Matthew...nice save...

Carlos started laughing "He got you pretty maple leaves? What should I expect since you're all about Maple-ness." His smiled came back.

This night is so amazing that I can replay it in my head over and over again.  Carlos and I became close once again.

-Time Skip-

It was 10:33pm, Carlos was completely drunk and I was purely sober. I drove him to his hotel and of course made sure that he made it into his hotel room safely.

Carlos could barely stand or even open his room door, so I took his keys and unlocked the door. He then started to leaned on me more, causing me to haul almost all of his weight. He is indeed very... HEAVY!

"Oh my maple! Carlos! You literally weigh a ton!" I started walking to the bed, struggling to get him to the bed. Hopefully my baby isn't getting harmed.... .When I finally got him to the bed and I had him lay down.

Carlos looked at me with half lidded eyes and a small smile "Thanks....Mattie. This ....night was.... lovely."

I smiled "You're welcome. Now you should get some sleep.

"Yes sir." Carlos laughed a little and yawned.

I let myself out of the hotel and got in my car, beginning to make  my way home.

When I arrived at home, I parked the car in the driveway and got out, closing the door.

Gilbert was sitting on the steps watching Kumajirou play in the snow. He looked up at me and waved "Have fun?"

I walked up the stairs to Gilbert "I guess you can say that." I yawned and went inside the house.

Gilbert stood up and called Kumajirou into the house.

Kumajirou popped out of a small pile of snow and ran inside. He ran to me and tugged at my pants with his teeth.

I looked down at him and smiled, picking him up"Missed me?"

Kumajirou nuzzled up to my chin.

"Kumaaa~ you're giving me the coldness and wetness from the snow." I giggled and looked at Gilbert.

Gilbert was closing the door and locking it. He walked over to me  "What did you two go and do?"

I put Kumajirou down and looked at Gilbert "You're jealous of Cuba, aren't you Gil? You've been acting a bit weird ever since him and I was talking at the meeting."

Gilbert's POV
Me?! Jealous?! Ze awesome me is never jealous!
"No, not at all." I crossed my arms "I'm just curious about what you two did."

Matthew laughed a little "All we did was go out to some kind of 5-star bar. We just talked and drinked. Well, I drinked water and he drinked some weird concoction that he requested the bartender to make.  He then got drunk, so I drove him to his hotel and even....sorta...." I trailed off. Should I tell Gil that Carlos almost smushed our baby and even me with his weight "Um.....well I took him to his hotel room and he couldn't support his weight, soooo.....I was getting kinda smushed while putting him to bed..."

"WHAT?!" I can't believe that Carlos! He almost smushed my birdie and little birdie or birdies!

Matthew flinched a little "U-Um..... please don't be angry....."

I tried to calm down, so I won't stress Mattie out "Are you okay....?"

"I'm fine, now can we please go to bed? I'm very sleepy...." Matthew said as he rubbed his eyes.

"Of course, birdie...." I smiled and picked up Matthew, then carried him upstairs to our room.