Chapter Two: Developing 'Feelings'? Part 2: What's Happening?!

Matthew's POV
To think that someone actually wants to hang out with me of all people. I side glanced at Gilbert, gazing at his beautiful ruby red eyes. I'll be honest, they are very admiring to look at.

Due to being mesmerized by Gilbert's eyes, his eyes met mine. I blushed extremely hard and quickly looked away.

Gilbert let out a small chuckle and put a arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him "It's rude to stare, you know!"

I was still blushing extremely hard "S-Sorry, I-I."

Gilbert was smiling ever so brightly "It's fine! I'm quite used to it! I get starred at quite a lot."

We eventually made it to the front door and exited out of the meeting resistance.

I felt Gilbert take his arm from around my shoulder "U-Um I believe there's a hockey game at 7:00pm today. W-We can relax at my house until then, i-if you want."

Gilbert looked at me "Sure! Why not?!"

-Time Skip (Matthew's House)-

We sat on the couch in the living room, watching some kind of German scary movie that Gilbert recommended. I can't believe that I agreed to watch this abomination of a movie with him. All I know, is that I was hugging his arm tight as ever and buried my face into his chest.

Gilbert laughed "This is the best part!"

I looked at the TV, seeing a guy getting brutally slaughtered by the killer. Quickly, without a thought, I screamed ever so loudly and buried my face deeply into Prussia's chest "You're so cruel to recommend this movie!"

Gilbert was still laughing.

Eventually, I felt Gilbert's hand slide up and down the middle of back to comfort me. Feeling at ease, I smiled and dosed off.

Gilbert's POV

You know, Matthew isn't too bad of a guy. He invited me to his home, accepted my offer to hang out, he even talked to me! Which is the best thing that ever happened to me!

I looked down and saw Matthew sound asleep. He is so cute! I shall call him my Birdie! Realizing what I just thought "NO NO NO NO NO!!!"

Matthew jolted awake "Gilbert!"

I gasped looked at the now awaken Canadian "Sorry, Birdie!"

Matthew was blushing extremely hard to the point his ears were red as well.

"Oh god why are you so red!" I put my hand to his forehead "Did you get sick!?"

There was a long silence between us until Matthew eventually said "Y-You called me 'Birdie'."

I blushed "I-I could've sworn I said your normal name."

"Y-You didn't." Matthew sat up "U-Um I'm going to feed Kumajirou." He stood up and walked to the kitchen.

I just sat here being shocked. I just can't believe I called him that out of nowhere! I sighed as I grabbed the TV remote and paused the movie.

"Wait!"

Matthew appeared in the kitchen doorway "Can you stop giving me a heart attack every 5 minutes!"

I looked at a angry blushing Matthew "Sorry." He walked away.

He is awesomely cute!!! DAMMIT I CALLED HIM CUTE AGAIN!!! Am I developing feelings for Birdie?! What's happening?!