Chapter 42: What I Was Born to Do

Start from the beginning

     A little bit later, I was done.

     But, the Status only changed a bit. Everything else, fixed with magic.

     "She still won't wake up for a while, there's something wrong with her consciousness," I informed Adoray. He frowned and was about to tell me off for getting the little girl's hopes up, but I ignored him and went on with my "treatment."

     The "mental afflictions need deeper healing" part was unchanged and worrying me. After prodding around a bit, I realized something.

     Hmmm...what to do.

     The last time I got wrapped up in mental stuff was Margaret, and she couldn't enter my mind unless she used a crystal as a catalyst and gateway to go through. But that time, she didn't just use her consciousness to check things out inside of me, but her soul as well. I found that stupid, but realized after some time that people here couldn't separate the ideas of "consciousness" and "soul" as I did.

     It was just like how Egyptians established that you thought with your heart, not your brain. The cognition process was different for them.

     So, I probably didn't need that crystal thing since I could separate it properly.

     "Adoray, I'll see you in a bit. Don't let anyone touch me, okay?"

     And with that, I lay my hand on the sister's forehead and dipped my consciousness into her.

     My body went limp without any awareness in it, and I lay down on the floor in the position I left it.

     I could swear I heard something akin to alarm outside, but since I left the important words behind it didn't matter to me. Also, Kaya and Takuya were the best guards around and worked 24/7, so if anyone wanted to take over my body or peek into my mind then they were ready to poke some eyes out or mess some souls up.

     My consciousness was now taking the form of the little girl I currently was, Firea. She was wearing a white billowy dress, one provided by nature since they didn't want people dancing around naked inside other people's souls for business like this. I had never really used it before this point. Since it took on your most natural form, I was my actual color and not chocolate chip anymore.

     My soul was shaped like Kaya, the one with the hole in it.

     I opened my "eyes" when I finally reached my destination, the place I would find the consciousness of the sister.

     I was in a chapel, with only a few pews made from wood and stained glass windows that were so poorly made that you couldn't see through them. The altar was chipped and old, a book that was basically the Bible of this world sitting atop it called The Book. There was a statue behind the altar, one that was in the shape of an Orix. The chapel itself was made of stone with a hay roof, making me think I was in Ireland or something.

     So this is a Church member's most comfortable place, huh? I knocked on one wall to signal I was coming in through the open door, looking around for anyone. Dust rained down and made me cough even though I didn't need to.

     I wasn't one to judge normally, but this place needs a deep cleaning.

     "Hello?" I called out. "Is anyone here?"

     No answer.

     I decided to walk inside, looking down each and every pew to check for anything...different. It was an eerie feeling, searching for someone else's consciousness inside their soul. So quiet that it was a ghost town.