Chapter 16

Roxy's next day at work was slow. She'd caught on from Juice that Opie, Donna and the kids were missing and it wasn't looking good. Seemed to be ATFs doing. Juice was super suspicious but Roxy was doing her best to convince him that Opie would never rat.

Unfortunately all the evidence pointed that he did. Juice didn't want to believe one of his brothers would turn against them all but it was a worrying thought. If Opie tried to save his own family's ass then all the rest of them would be in jail. For a long time.

And the way Juice was starting to feel about Roxy, he didn't want to be away from her. Not even for a day.

xxx xxx

Luckily by Saturday everything with Opie seemed to have cleared up and everyone was gearing up for Abel's coming home party.

The little guy had made huge leaps in his recovery and Roxy just couldn't wait to dote on him. Eventually she would love to have kids of her own. Roxy had always wanted a big family. Growing up SAMCRO meant there was always people around and though Roxy did enjoy her solitude these days she still wanted family in her future.

Setting up for the party with her mum and Wendy was awkward to say the least. Roxy hadn't lied to Tara when she said she held no hard feelings there and she had essentially given her blessing to Tara for whatever would happen with her and Jax. But with Wendy back on the scene and her mum orchestrating everyone's moves Roxy could tell things wouldn't be that simple. Hopefully no one was hurt in the process. Wendy was still fragile and on the road to recovery and Tara, well, Tara and Jax had history. Long history. And that wouldn't go away easy.

Wendy left to clear the air for a bit and Roxy took her chance.

"Ma stop meddling in Jax's shit. It's just gunna end badly."

She huffed. "Me meddling is the only thing keeping his head on straight. He's all twisted up right now and with those two hanging round him he needs someone to look out for him."

Roxy rolled her eyes. This conversation would go no where. When Gemma Teller Morrow got something in her mind that was it.

"Ok. But I just think you're playing with fire messing around in his love life."

Gemma raised an eyebrow at her daughter. "Rather I mess around in yours?" Roxy stiffened, holding the balloons she was arranging. "I know you blew off Jack last time."

"Yeah well. Things just weren't what I wanted I guess."

Gemma moved over and gave her daughter a sympathetic shoulder pat. "Don't worry baby. It'll happen soon."

Roxy smiled at her mum and nodded. Little did she know.

xxx xxx

By the time everyone got there for the party Roxy was exhausted. Minding everyone's opinions and Jax's love life all day was a minefield. But she had survived and there was food, drink and decorations so her job was done.

Roxy was ecstatic to hold Abel and finally have a sense of being an Aunty now he was home. Juice was currently stood next to her looking at the cooing baby in Roxy's arms.

"Wanna hold him?"

Juice backed up "hell no! I've never held a baby. Ain't gunna happen."

The guys laughed, and Tig shouted out "I wouldn't Roxy. He'd probably drop him!"

Juice nodded in agreement.

Roxy laughed and handed Abel on to the next person waiting for a cuddle.

After a couple more drinks Roxy sat next to Juice and Tig and on the sofa, Tig was a bit distant so she had Juice mostly to herself.

Sitting next to Roxy but not being able to touch her was killing him. He started off not wanting anyone to know about them so they could figure this shit out themselves. But now every time they were around others he had this desperate need to claim her and let everyone know she was his.