Chapter 13

Roxy struggled through the next day at work. Most of her time was taken up with stressing over Tristan and what she needed to do. The rest of her time was filled with moping about Juice.

Roxy had finally admitted she did mope and embraced it.

Things with Jack last night didn't go anywhere. They had dinner, which was good company for Roxy, but when Jack asked her back to his hotel she politely declined. He was disappointed but gave her his current burner number and told her he'd be around for a couple weeks while McKeavey went up north.

When Roxy checked her phone at lunch she had 2 missed calls from Juice and a text asking her if she'd call him back. No explanation. Just what she was assuming were booty calls.

xxx xxx

Juice felt like the biggest idiot on the planet. He'd woken up that morning outside the police station in nothing but a nappy and his boots with a stupid sign stapled to his desk.

He knew he'd fucked up by messing up the AKs for Clay and he compounded that by missing dinner with Roxy. He fully understood why the rest of the guys treated him like a retard. He'd only proved it by taking those pills yesterday.

So today he was eager to prove his worth which meant he had to focus. And focus he did, except for the few times he called Roxy. Fuck he had to see her, he figured she was dodging his calls and knowing that Jack was hanging around he had to sort this shit.

"So I want you and Juice to drive the barrels up to Nevada."

Fuck. It was as if Clay knew and was trying to fuck up his chances. He couldn't go away on a run now and leave Roxy here with Jack sniffing around. He had to see her before he left.

xxx xxx

Gemma had asked Roxy to stop by TM after work to grab some stuff. But when she got there the office was shut and there were only 2 bikes on the lot. So Roxy made her way into the clubhouse to see what was going on.

She grit her teeth when she walked in and saw Tig and Juice sitting at the bar.

The crow eater behind the bar spotted her and said hello which meant she had to go over and socialise. Juice's face lit up but she avoided his eye contact and sat down next to Tig.

"Hey baby doll. What brings you round?" Tig slung his arm over her shoulder and pulled her in for a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Ma told me to come by here but she's not here. Where is everyone?"

"On a run up to Nevada. Devil's Tribe." Tig seemed very disappointed.

"Not you?"

"Yeah. Just later. Me n Juice are doing some transport." He sulkily swallowed some of his beer.

"You don't sound too happy."

"Missing the patch over party." He groaned. "You have no idea on the pussy me n Juice are missing out on."

Roxy snorted. "Oh I know. They run some strippers and prostitutes up there. I know exactly what you're missing out on." She rolled her eyes as Tig downed some more of his beer.

Juice was trying to catch her attention but it was hard with Tig in between them.

Roxy got up, ready to leave. Knowing that Juice would be spending a day or so in what was essentially a brothel. If he couldn't keep it in his pants last night she knew he couldn't at the Devil's Tribe Clubhouse.

"Well Tiggy I'm heading home seeing as there's no one here." She ignored Juice's huff. "I'm sure they'll save you some whores for when you get there." She pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Enjoy your leftovers." She winked. Enjoying taking a rise out of his misery. He was such a drama queen about missing out.