Chapter 27

The next day was hectic for Juice and he could feel himself bending under the pressure. Jax had been arrested last night at the wake. He had gone nuts and beat the shit out of the shooter, though Juice didn't blame him he felt like doing the same thing.

They'd picked him up from the station that morning and made their way to the hospital to find out who the shooter was. The bad news is that he was part of some shitty MC in Loda, Calaveras, who were patching over to the Mayans, hence the drive by.

Now, as a way of getting Abel back, they were being yelled at by Bobby's crazy ex wife, Precious. Her husband was a bounty hunter and had access to certain databases Juice couldn't even hack into.

Once the yelling was done they came to an agreement with the bounty hunter that they helped him catch his latest bounty and he'd help them out.

Their foray into bounty hunting led them to an adult store to wait on some guy finishing his peep show before chasing him down.

Unluckily he bolted soon as he saw them and they had to give chase through the streets. Eventually the dude was hit by a car, thus ending their pursuit.

"Damn hybrids. Dangerous!" Juice said out to Jax as they watched the guy groaning on the ground.

Juice was tasked with waiting behind for the info from Precious' husband while the rest of the guys made a move to the next thing.

xxx xxx

Roxy had been kept busy at the clubhouse all day just waiting for news from the guys. Juice had been texting her all afternoon while he waited around for the news. But he was back now and they were hanging out in his room waiting for an email to come through.

Roxy was trying to get him to relax but he was on edge, they were currently lying on the bed but he kept checking the notifications on his laptop waiting for this email, despite the fact he'd hear the notification beep.

"Babe, just relax for 5 seconds. You're gunna go nuts." Roxy was curled into his side, stroking her fingers down his arm, tracing the tattoos along the way.

"I'm already nuts." His attempt at a joke fell flat given his current state of mind.

Roxy stopped her tracing and pulled his head from the laptop to look at her.

She pulled him in for a kiss. "You're not nuts. Just kiss me babe. I'm worried too, need a distraction. You're usually pretty good at that."

This time Juice did chuckle and he pulled her over him so she was straddling him.

"I can manage that."

They were pretty deep into their make out session when Juice's laptop finally beeped, signalling the arrival of the email.

Juice practically threw Roxy off him in his haste to jump up and check the laptop.

"Sorry babe." He opened the email and pulled up the picture. Roxy peeked over his shoulder and let out a sigh of relief. Abel was alive, wherever he was.

Juice grabbed his phone and called Jax to come to the clubhouse then printed out the pictures.

They made their way out to the barroom to wait for Jax and the others to assemble. While they congregated in the chapel Roxy poured herself a drink. All this dancing around was making her nerves shot but thankfully it seemed they had some news on Abel.

It seemed he was in Vancouver. The photos the bounty hunter sent Juice were of Cameron and Abel buying train tickets. It was obvious Abel was alive and well. Which Jax was thankful for. Roxy could hear his audible sigh of relief from the chapel at her position at the bar.