Strange dream

I was running through darkness. I kept hearing the rattling of metal bars coming from somewhere. 

"Hello! Is anyone there please help me?" I heard someone yell I kept running toward the voice until I reached a cage in the middle of nowhere and a girl was stuck in it. She looked tortured, scared and bloody

"Please help me" she begged through the tears rolling down her face I tried walking to her but couldn't get any closer to her from where I was. It felt as though I was running in place not moving forward just moving my legs as though they are running.

"Don't worry I'll help you" I said and had come closer to her. I could see that there were bruises everywhere all over her, she had her clothes torn up and blood was on her clothes and her face.

"What happened?" I asked her

"It was them, they did this to me please you have to help me get out before she comes back" she said 

"Before who comes back?" I asked 

"She is the one who put me in here, I've been trying to get out but no one can hear me" 

"Ok I'll help you just tell me what to do" I said she nodded "there are keys somewhere I don't know where" she said "ok I'll go find them" I said walking off and then hearing something like a huge door closing I looked back at the girl who looked terrified now "oh no she's back, you have to go NOW" she said hushed "who is she?" I asked "just go there is no time to talk" I nodded and started running away from there but heard someone following me behind I ran fast but they just kept up right behind me. Suddenly I tripped face planting the ground.

I woke up with my heart pounding and sweating.

"It was just a dream" I said but it felt so real. Who was the girl and who was she talking about? I asked myself and then started thinking back to what the girl looked like. It was fuzzy and I couldn't really make out what she looked like, but I remember it in the dream so vividly but now I can't think of anything about her just that she sounded familiar and looked familiar but I can't remember. Looking at the clock it was 1 o' clock in the morning I groaned falling back onto the bed looking up at the ceiling. 

'Why did that girl seem so familiar?' I thought maybe I've seen a girl like her before. Or she reminds me of someone. Whatever it was I can't think of it and it's not going to help me sleep so I decided to go on a walk around the house. I sat up and put on my boots then walked outside my room down the hallway.

I walked down the hallway away from my room and then back the other way toward downstairs when I was walking downstairs I could hear that someone else was up too. I quietly walked downstairs and looked toward the couch and TV to see Jeff was sleeping on it. I smiled and walked over to him, looking at him his hair was everywhere, he was laying on his left side with his arms up by his head gripping the pillow with his legs bent a little bit. He was still wearing his hoodie and some black pants, not wanting to disturb him I got up and walked around a little more. As walked through the hallway on the first floor I saw that there was a door that I didn't think there was a room behind it, I looked around for anyone and slowly opened it looking inside to see a staircase leading down and it was dark but one light at the bottom of the stairs. Suddenly pain flooded through my head,

"Ouch" I said closing the door and holding my head as it pounded I started walking back toward the couch black dots started clouding my vision and I got dizzy until all I remember was darkness.

"Cleo? Cleo" I heard someone saying my name and feeling myself being shaken. Opening my eyes I saw Jeff still on the couch "Huh" I said "I asked what are you doing done here?" he asked "um idk ouch" I said holding my head as it slightly pounded "I'll go get you something for that" he getting up walking over to the kitchen and looking through the cupboards. As he did that I got up on the couch and laid down trying to remember what happened I woke up from an odd dream, walked through the house and came downstairs to see Jeff passed out on the couch, then I walked on the first floor toward a certain door. With remembering the door I whipped my head up and toward where the door was "ouch" I said quickly regretting doing that Jeff ran over to me "here" handing me an advil and some water I took it and downed the water in one gulp. With finishing that I laid back down "Jeff what's is down there behind the door?" I asked "What door?" "The door on this floor that leads down lower with steps" I explained his face did the 'oh' and looked down "what's the matter?" I asked "promise me you will never go down there ok?" he said "What?" "You won't ever try and go down that door ever ok?" he said his voice straight and serious I nodded "promise" he hugged me I was surprised he did this I put my arms around him lightly and he tightened his grip a little "Jeff what's wrong?" I asked worried about him "it's...nothing it's nothing" he answered his breath on my neck making goosebumps form. I smiled weakly rubbing his back his breathing was steady as we sat there hugging each other "should we go upstairs?" I asked he nodded then picking me up so I wrapped my legs around his waist so I don't fall and around his neck. We walked upstairs to his room like that and saw no one, when we got to his room he set me down on the bed then walked over to the door closing it and turning back toward me. I sat there with my legs crossed arms over them with my head resting on my knees after he shut the door he walked back to the bed sitting on it like I was. We sat there in silence not one of us breaking the silence.

"Hey um Cleo" Jeff lowly asked "hm" "um would you want to um lay down" he asked "um sure" I was uncertain of it but decided to do it anyways "ok" he moved over while I laid down beside him with my head resting on him as I did that my eyes started to get sleepy and eventually I fell asleep again.

As Cleo had fallen asleep Jeff stayed up and watched over her, at first he was unsure about what he asked but now he liked that he asked. Since Cleo was asleep he put his arm around her and pulled her close and she seemed to accept it as her arm went around his chest and her leg around his. He smiled when she did this liking that she was so close to him and no one else. After a few minutes he didn't realize he had fallen asleep with his head leaning on hers.