Chapter 38: OverSHOT the Goal...*Sob*

Start from the beginning

Uh...weren't we just in the ship hangar?

My earbuds dissipated as I let them go and started listening to the conversation.

"Impossible. There shouldn't be anyone on this ship, Gabriel," the Sir from earlier was reprimanding below us.

"I'm holding it right now!" A voice, pretty deep, answered back. Now that I thought about it, the build of this person was pretty close to Kitri's. A teenager?

"It's a..." I heard one of the people who called out "Aye, Sir" earlier mention.

"What?!"

"How did that get on here?"

I'm not a "that," thank you very much.

"How should I know?" The boy who was carrying me answered back.

"Well, you found it!" A gravely voice barked. It actually sounded like a bark.

"Just because I found it doesn't mean I know where it came from," I could practically sense the eye roll.

"Well, smell it. Is it human?"

The climbing froze for a moment and a nose went into my hair. I heard the sniffing sound an animal would make and then it drew back.

"No, I don't know what it is."

The climbing resumed again, making me wonder how tall this ship was. I had gotten high up into the ropes in a flash because I used my flight, but now that I thought about it, that "hangar" had been pretty tall...

"Is it alive at least?"

"Yeah, it's still breathing."

The voices got closer and closer, until finally, we dropped onto the deck.

"Give it here."

I was taken off the shoulder that had carried me down, by one hand. It was a very large one that made me think of Fang and his own hands, grabbing me around my neck and choking me out. Instantly, my hands closed around the small parts of shirt I had and I refused to move.

The hand trying to take me away ended up jerking the boy I was holding onto with me, and we almost toppled over. My eyes were shut closed to not reveal the slits, yet keep the strength of a Vampire.

"What is this strength?" The hand, owner of the voice, tugged even harder. The other hand was put on the boy's shoulder and the one around me grasped harder, trying to pry me off...

...to no avail. I was as stuck to that shirt as a barnacle against a rock.

After a few minutes of trying and failing, they gave up on me.

"Sir," Gabriel, the boy, addressed the one trying to take me off. His voice was oddly emotionless.

"Yes?" the voice, peeved, ground out.

"May I be relieved of duty for today?"

"Did you really think you could get out of it?"

"I don't think I could with this...girl...on my shirt."

"Get it off then."

Dude, you just tried and failed. You were hella strong and couldn't accomplish it, even made the fibers of the shirt tear. What makes you think he can?

"Sir, if you can't do it, no one can."

"I don't care. Find a way."

Pride much?