live 13

I was walking to the school building but was stopped by Darlene.

"Umm, hey Jung Ah right?"

She shyly said as i nod my head with a blank expression.

"Jung ah... could you follow me. Just for a moment i have something to tell you"

I nod and both of us walked behind the main building to the empty basketball court.

Darlene stopped and faced me

"What is it?"

I asked her calmly as she spills.

"I was thinking that.... since... you're close with Eunwoo, maybe... you can help me ya know... confess to him?"

After hearing her request, i slowly shook my head.

"I'm sorry but... i can't help you"

I said while looking down.

"Wait... do you by chance... like Eunwoo? Is that why you can't help me?!"

I looked at her with wide eyes and shook my head.

"Oh no! You've got the wron-"

Before i could complete my sentence, i was cut off by a sudden slap on the face. That was sent by the one and only Darlene. I placed my hands on my cheek where the slap was located and looked at her with a shocked face.

"W-why would-"

I tried to speak but i was cut off by her again.

"Stop trying to be so innocent! I know you like hi- oh whatever! It's not like he would like a girl like you"

I looked at her with a confused face and spoke.

"W-hat do you mean?"

I asked her in a weak tone as she smirks.

"Who would like such an annoying, quiet and invisible girl like you. No one could even stand talking to you. I guess i won't have to worry. You're nothing to him anyway"

She said as she left me there with a smirk on her face.

She is right... i am nothing.

And that was when i felt a tear drop from my left eye.