Chapter 28

Kat's Pov

We ended up outside of Grey's large office. Looking through the windows, I could see Alex standing over a battered and bloody figure. I gasped as Alex turned around, revealing his face to me. His handsome face had a long claw mark going from his hairline to the bottom of his chin. Olly looked at me and grinned, "Just a little scratch Kat. I'm sure your beloved will heal in no time." I glared at him and my wolf growled. It was not a little scratch.

Alex walked out of the office and looked at me but said nothing.
"Is that good-for-nothing little piece of shit dead? " Ryder asked. Alex nodded at him while Olly and I grinned. We'd done it. We've rid the world of the bastard. Time to go home. I've missed Austarlia. I linked my arm into Olly's and said, "You ready to go home Ols?" He stopped grinning and frowned.

"Uh, well. Kat, I'm not going home. I've decided to stay with the Pierce pack for a few months..." he trailed off. Shocked, I just nodded and turned to Alex, Ryder and Chase.

"Well then, I guess this is goodbye. It was nice working with you guys. Take care of yourselves." I looked at Alex and felt my heart beating so fast. He looked at me intensely, his eyes begging me to stay with him. I knew he'd let me go if I really wanted to go. I turned towards the door but was pulled back by a hand on my arm. Alex grabbed my shoulders and said, "I'll let you go if you look me in the eye and tell me that you don't want to be with me." I looked at him and felt my insides melt.

"Alex, we can't be together. We are from different gro-"

"I don't care about that. Just tell me whether or not you want me."
Dread filled me. Of course I wanted to be with him but my home would always be in Australia with my dad Jerry. I looked at my shoes and then an idea came to mind. I don't need to lie to him. I quickly looked up and pretended to think. Swiftly, I kneed him and got out of his arms. He went down with an 'oomph'. I turned around one last time and my heart broke into two when i saw his hurt expression.

Calling a cab, I dialled Jerry's number. He picked up after the first ring.

"Jerry, I need a flight back to Australia. I'm coming home."

"Alright. I won't ask why. The earliest I can get you is in 3 days," he replied. I ended the call and just as the cab pulled into a motel, I broke down into tears.

----------------------------------------------

PLEASE vote and comment!! :D