Chapter Seven

Alex's Pov

So her name was Ruby. Hmm.. I don't even know why I'm so curious about here. I mean. Ugh. Yeah, she's hot. Now I think about it, she kind of looks familiar. Wait. Of course she's familiar! She's my mate! How could I have forgotten that?? Now how to get her to own up to it? I was snapped out of my daze when Chase, my little bro, snapped his fingers in front of my face.
"Yo! Bro. Al. Hellloooo???"

" Hey C, wassup?"

" I heard that you brought some girl back with you. When can I meet her? And how'd the meeting with Grey go?"

" I can't talk right now. And the girl is actually an assassin, not some 'girl that I brought back' with me. She's being a pain in the arse and from what I've actually gotten out of her, I know her name's Ruby and that her uncle doesn't know about what she does.
As for Grey, it was a disaster. He got away. And all because of the little assassin." I explained.

"Whoa. That's cool. Shame about Grey though. So, is Ruby hot? When can I meet her? She know that we're wolves? Is she a wolf? "
I snorted. Typical of my baby bro to only think of how hot a girl was. But I thought over what my brother just said about wolves. I puzzled over what he said. Then it clicked. This was how I could get her to actually tell the truth about something!
" Chase bro, you are a genius. Why didn't I notice that!" I rushed off to have a little talk with the assassin, Chase hot on my trail.

Kat's Pov

I had a plan. And I was ready to put it into action. I started wriggling my hands free of the bonds at my wrists when the door burst open. Ugh, I groaned. Seriously?

Alex came in with some guy I hadn't seen before. I had to admit, the guy was hot. But not as good eye candy as the Alpha. Wait. What was I thinking? Stop brain!
Alex looked at me suspiciously and I smiled innocently.
"When are you going to let me out of here? My uncle misses me and I wanna get back to him," I complained.
He ignored my question and answered with one of his own.
" How come I can't smell your scent?" he demanded.
Shit. Fudgecakes.
"I'm sorry. I don't understand. Humans aren't meant to smell each other. Unless your not normal! Arghh! Get away from me ! You're an alien!" I tried being oblivious while the guy behind him started laughing.
" I like her already!" he said, still laughing.
Alex just growled and said " I am not playing, little girl. If you don't tell me then I'll make you."
"Oh really? And how are you going to do that?"
He stalked over to me with a glint in his eye that I didn't like the look of. I pretended to look bored. But then he invaded my personal space. Hell no. Know one invades my privacy.

"Back off!" I snarled when his face was right up close next to mine.
" No can do sweetheart. Not until you tell me why I can't smell you."
I knew he wouldn't give up and I just wanted him to go away so I unmasked my scent. Let me just mention that I had forgotten all about him being my mate and so it wasn't smart of me to reveal myself to him. I watches as his eyes widened then darkened. He growled and said the dreaded word.

"Mate." Nope. Not good at all.

----------------------------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi guys! I just wanna say thanks to whoever is reading my book. This is my first one and I'm sorry if it's really crappy. I just hope that you're enjoying it but if your not that feel free to delete this book. I really don't mind.

I'd appreciate it if people could tell me what they think of my book so far. It would be nice if I got a few votes/comment.

- thanks for reading this :D hope you enjoy the rest of the book!