Chapter 20

Kat's Pov

I avoided Alex for most of the week and thankfully he left me alone but sadly today was Friday the 13th. And it was turning out to be my unlucky day.

"KitKat! Come over here. I have some news for you." I headed over to the kitchen and everyone was in there. Unfortunately, Alex included. I frowned; everyone looked so serious.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Jerry called and Alex's dad, Tom, was also on the line. They both want us," Olly gestured to all of us surrounding the table, " to finish the job. Jerry's exact words were 'Eliminate Richard Grey.' We have to work together."

I just looked at him, still trying to process his words. Then it hit me. Olly & I weren't going back to our motel any time soon. We have to stay here. With Alex, Ryder and Chase. With Alex. I groaned. Goodbye 'avoiding-Alex-for-the-rest-of-the-week'. Hello 'spending-time-with-the-Alpha'. This was gonna be hell.

3 hours later

I was frustrated and annoyed. Grey had stationed cameras and guards all over his mansion and my plan (get rid of the guards & cameras using violence) would have worked successfully. However, Alex & Ryder thought differently.
See. This was why AKs and AWKs don't get on very well. AWKs are strategists and planners while AKs just wing it. Literally. We just barge in and get rid of the people that are in our way. But of course, Alex & Ryder had to think like AWKs. Magnificent.

"Look Kat, resorting to killing every guard we see is not gonna help us get rid of Grey. It will just alert him to our presence." I scowled at Ryder even as my wolf said 'He has a point you know. Stop being so stubborn'.

"I am not being stubborn." I hissed under my breath. Everyone looked at me and I just grimaced. "My wolf is getting on my nerves." Chase grinned a boyish grin and I huffed. Chase just had to find something amusing in a situation like this.

"Look, how about this: Ryder, Chase & Olly will sneak in and get rid of Grey while Kat & I distract the guards. Everyone happy with that?" The Alpha questioned.

All the guys nodded while what little hope of avoiding him died. Nope, I was not happy with this.

"Great, by Sunday morning Richard Grey will be rotting in his grave." Alex grinned and started to clear up our wasted plans on his desk.
All the guys & I headed out of the office but Alex called out "Kat, can I talk to you for a second?" I grimaced. Well, a talk couldn't hurt anyone right? I was wrong.