Chapter 19

Chase's Pov

I've found my new best friend! It's Olly. We have so much in common it's unreal. Seriously. We both love food, girls and cars but most of all we've got good looks and we're charming; although I must say I'm definitely more charming. And better looking.

We are currently playing what must be the twelfth battle of modern warfare on our Wii when Kat walks into the room. She looks fine and calm considering that she was arguing with Alex this morning. Again.

Olly immediately walks over to her place on the armchair, abandoning our game which means I win! Yes!!

"Hey Kat. How are you?" I ask as I turn off the tv.

"I'm fine thank you." she says in a neutral tone. It's like she's a robot and Olly immediately notices.

"What's wrong KitKat?" he asks, concern lacing his voice but she doesn't smile like she usually does every time he uses his nickname for her.

"Nothing's wrong Ols. I'm just bored, that's all. Has Jerry called you about Richard Grey yet?" It's a good lie and I can tell immediately but I don't say anything. Olly doesn't call her on it either and they talk about the new topic and that Jerry guy. Apparently he's a legend & is better than Alex's dad.

I tune out after a few minutes 'cause I'm not interested on stuff about Jerry & I know enough about Grey to hate the guy.

"I'm gonna go check up on Alex. I'll see you guys later." I say and I see Kat's face darken for a mere second before going back into here blank facade. And there it is. The problem lies with Alex. I really need to talk to that guy.

Alex's Pov

"Come in C," I say as I run my hands through my hair in frustration, " What's up?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to see how you were." Came his reply. I raised an eyebrow at him. His reply was to nonchalant & casual. Plus, he's fiddling with the bottom of his shirt which is what he does when he wants to talk about something important.

"What?"

"Well. I just wanted to talk about Kat."

"What about her?"

"Look. I know it's not my place to tell you what to do but you should lay off her for a few days; a week even. She's been acting weird ever since this morning and Olly & I are worried. Just don't push her bro. In time she'll accept you. Be patient."
Whew. That was quite a deep speech. Especially coming from my brother.
He does have a point though. Katarina has been acting funny ever since her confession. Maybe I have been a bit too pushy. 'Ya think?' my wolf says sarcastically.

"Okay bro. Thanks for the advice. And I'm glad you & Ollie are looking out for her. I appreciate it." And I do. He smiles and then backs out into the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quite a long chapter I think.. or at least I hope! I have a question to ask:

If you were Kat, would you accept Alex as your soul mate? Or would you not want to defy your association?

Or maybe you'd want to be with Ryder, Ollie or Alex? Who's your favourite character??

I'm really curious to know what you'd do in her position so please comment!

And if you don't mind, then vote! :D