Chapter 7: Laxus Leaves

I look around my brain not working so well. That's what a million volts of lightning that went through my brain does. I get up everything whistling around me. I suddenly see my parents standing in front of me. I blink a few times and the hallucination goes away but I see Makarov running up to me. I keep blinking as the whistling in my ears doesn't go away. Even with my powers that came with the transformation I can't hear anything. I walk up to Makarov and see he's trying to see if I can hear him. I shake my head, blinking repeatedly. I see spots and faint. I wake up in the sick ward with gramps staring at me. I look at him and he says something and I whimper. I can't hear him still, I rub my ears crying. Someone comes in and I look at them. I shake my head freaking out. Laxus is here. He looks at me hurt, that'd I'd be that scared. I stare at him angrily.

"I lost my hearing. I can't hear the Masta' I can't hear you. I can't hear the birds, I can't hear nothin', thanks to ya." I say glaring not sure how loud I was. I go out to Porlyuscia's cottage. I point to my ears and she says something. I motion like I can't hear her and she realizes that I've lost my hearing. I sit, summoning Natsumi my foxy friend. She just lays next to me. I know she won't try and communicate with me, she's very reserved and quiet. I watch as Porlyuscia shakes her head while not looking at me. Does this mean I won't be able to hear Astral and Akira ever again? What about master, or Erza or Natsu? Omigosh what about Gray, especially Gray. I start crying hard. I watch and Porlyuscia finally turns to me and shakes her head. I hug onto Natsumi crying. The door opens and Laxus comes in. He puts his hand on my head and shocks my ears. It's a weird feeling but he snaps his fingers next to my ear. I can hear it, well partially.

"How?" I ask.

"This has happened before so I had to learn to fix it. I'm sorry, Dawne. I really am." He says getting up. Natsumi disappears and I get up as well bowing to Porlyuscia. She nods and Laxus and I leave. "I was banished."

"I thought so. You did kinda threaten to kill all of Magnolia and then us, was the vibe I was getting someone else can tell me the whole story I guess."

"I'm so sorry."

"I know. We all know, but gramps had to banish you." I reply putting my hair behind my ear.

"I-I-i almost made you lose all of your hearing." He says crying. I hesitate a little before opening my arms up and putting his head on my shoulder.

"Shhh, you might be able to come back eventually."

"How can you forgive me for leaving you alone with those hallucinations?" Laxus asks and I rub his hair.

"What forgiveness? There is no forgiveness here, not for what happened, and not for what you did to the guild. But the otha's would want me to forgive, so here I am. I will lend you my shoulder but I will never forgive you." I say and Laxus pulls away looking at me sadly.

"I'm sorry." He says and I motion for him to follow me back.

"At least come back for the parade tonight. They'd kill me if I didn't ask." I say and he smiles. I almost wanna hold hands with him again. His awkward smile has become genuine again. The quiet pride he used to carry himself with is back. It seems like this was the purge that needed to happen. I find myself reaching for his hand. Against my better judgement, I don't stop myself. I squeeze his hand and he looks at me giving me the cutest, happiest smile in the world. Like the best thing ever happened. I smile a little back infected by his happiness. No I can't be doing this, Gray is the one I should have feelings for. Not the one who ditched me and hurt the guild. But he's different now right? He looks so happy with his eyes sparkling. I shake my head irritated with myself. Laxus looks at me worried.

"I shouldn't like you Laxus. I shouldn't trust you either, and yet I do. I feel like I'm betraying the guild, but I love you still. I still feel safe next to you and I wanna be by your side." I say trying to pull my hand away to scratch my head.

"Hey I told you to stop that." Laxus says not letting go as I try too scratch my head.

"I know. Please let go of my hand."

"No not as long as you're doin' that." Laxus says scolding me.

"You are the last person I need scolding me."

"I'm never gonna let that down am I?"

"No and if I need to put you in your place at any time I am not afraid to use it." I say and he nods as we stop in the shadows, able to see the parade. Laxus puts his chin on top of my head and I giggle a little. I see Natsu and then Gray and Juvia on a float together. I growl, and Laxus hugs me.

"He doesn't get you. And she loves him." Laxus says.

"I know, but I still love him. I hate myself for it." I say hugging his arms.

"Just like the mixed feelings I have about you, little one." Laxus says and I nod. Little one has been my nickname from him since forever ago. I'm the most relaxed I've been for months in his arms and Akira appears next to us. He stares at Laxus and me and immediately goes "Get away from him youngling."

I look at Akira pouting, I step away from Laxus.

"Translate this to him." Akira growls. "You have done too much to her already asshole. Stay away."

"He says hello and to stay away from me. Akira what if I can't stay away from him?" I ask turning to Akira.

"You better damn well learn youngling. He's not good for you!"

"Please Akira!" I say and he shakes his head. "He's changed Akira!"

"No."

"Babe I'm not gonna get between you and your family." Laxus says putting his hand on my face and he kisses me me before he leaves.

"Wait he's doing your signal Laxus." I say and he turns around quickly. He looks at Makarov and starts bawling his eyes eyes out. I smile and Akira growls scolding me.

"You're coming home with me youngling." Akira says and I roll my eyes.