Chapter 4: Family

I had left the guild quietly a week ago. I didn't tell anyone besides Cana that I was officially leaving and I have made the contract with Snow Leopard King that Laxus had offered me days ago. I didn't need him to go back to my old town though. I saw my parents graves no loss to anyone. Saw an old, old, old friend. Her name was Winry. She helped me get over what had happened, told me what her parents told her. Then she sent me on the path to find a Secretarybird. I know they sound lame but they're very large predatory birds and I haven't got very many bird contracts. Shit this might've been a set up. Shouldn'ta told her about my magic. I summon Astral just in case.

"It has been awhile. Oh yes after you make a contract with the bird, summon Akira as well." She tells me and I nod. We manage to find a Secretary bird and luckily enough it doesn't mind humans.

"what do you want human?" I bow my head and say "To create a contract."

"A respectful human very rare. How much would you call me and for what?"

"Not often and I would call you for
sky surveillance." The birds bobs up and down and we form a contract.

"You may call upon me twice a month at any time." She says. "My name is Akh-Tha-Ka-ta-Ra."

"How about Ra for short?" I ask and she nods. I bow again and she flies off.

"Noble bird." Astral says and I nod summoning Akira.

"So did the clans agree?" I ask and they nod.

"When will it happen?" I ask and they grin.

"We'd like it to be today." They say and my mouth drops open.

"T-today?"

"Yes."

"Sounds good." I say smiling as well.

"Also we want to adopt you as one of our family. You've got some little siblings to look at after back home." Akira says and I look at him surprised and tearing up. Like I've said before Astral and Akira are the closest thing to parents I've had besides Makarov. I sit down and nod as Astral nuzzles my face.

"Go ahead and hold on to her when you close the gate." Akira says and I nod. I close their gate and teleport with them. We go back to where I first met them. I look around amazed at the whole wolf city that's developed from it. It's been years since I've been here.

"Why did you bring a human into our camp?"

"Because she is our family. She will be yours soon Tundra." Akira says and I bow putting my hands together looking him in the eyes. He growls angrily at my silent challenge.

"Keep her away from me."

"Don't anger him Dawne." Akira says and I chuckle.

"Why not?"

"Because he's my brother!" Astral says and I facepalm.

"Shit sorry Astral." She gently nips me and motions for me to follow them. I follow them and I am greeted with "Omigosh, look!!!"

"That's our sister!!!"

"Cool."

"She looks good for a human."

"What's that supposed to mean little one?" I ask bending down and looking at the small black pup.

"You've been spending too much time with Tundra, Shutaru you know better!"

"Why hello little brother." I say and then the rest of them tackle me.

Hey we're here too!" They exclaim and I chuckle.

"What's your names?"

"Arson." The girl says.

"Brave." The youngest says.

"Kichiro." The second biggest replies.

"Well nice to meet you three. It's nice to meet my siblings." I say and Arson nuzzles me.

"So this is the human mage we've heard so much about." I hear another wolf say. Hold up I think I know that voice.

"Ryce?"

"Ah it's you!" Ryce says and I laugh tackling him.

"How do you two know each other?"

"I taught her our language. I was her mentor for a little bit. Never wanted a contract with her but now I'm getting talked into it." I sit up recovering as Ryce sits up as well.

"He helped me make the contract with Simon." I say putting my arms between my legs.

"The dog you made your first contract with right?"

"Yup."

"How many animals can you call?" Brave asks and I start counting on my hands.

"Including mom and dad like 10 or 11 kings/queens and more regular animals."

"They're not your parents." Shutaru replies rebelliously.

"They've been my pack longer than they've been yours brother." I say looking at him.

"She's right oni-Chan. She doesn't wanna be considered evil by you eitha' so leave it be." Kichiro says facing off with Shutaru. Akira and Astral come sit next to me.

"One of those two will be the next clan leader." Astral says as Ryce gently moves his head motioning for me to follow. I get up and follow him.

"I'm worried about Shutaru. As you can tell he's on the wrong path. Astral and Akira see it as well, but they don't know if there's anything they can do. Shutaru's just a cub who adores his uncle."

"Why are you telling me this Ryce. He hates me."

"I don't know he seems to like you. He doesn't want to be mean to you but he is because you're a human."

"Fine I'll see what I can do. Although I may not be able to do anything with Tundra watching over him." I say looking at my soon to be pack.