Soc. and Greasers

Start from the beginning

I slowly opened my eyes, hoping I was dreaming the whole time. Once everything came into focus, I realized I wasn't dreaming. I got up and walked into the living room. Nobody else was awake, so I decided to make breakfast for everyone. I was gonna make pancakes, so I gathered all the supplies and made enough batter to feed the whole gang, twice. While I was finishing up the last one, Darry woke up and walked into the kitchen.

"Morning" he greeted.

"What are ya making?" he asked.

"Pancakes, the way my mom used to make them" I replied with a smile.

"Hmm, didn't know you could cook" he said, walking towards the restroom.

"Ya, I used to cook and bake all kinds of stuff" I bragged.

"That'll come in handy" he playfully said. I chuckled.

"Whoa, what smells so good?" Sodapop asked, walking in.

"Pancakes" I replied. "Want some?" I asked, placing the last pancake on the plate.

"You better believe it" he replied, sitting down at the table. I put the plate full of pancakes on the table, along with more plates.

"Cyndy, can you wake up Ponyboy for me?" Darry called from the restroom.

"Sure" I replied. I went into our room, where Ponyboy was sound asleep.

"Hey, rise and shine Pony" I said, slightly shaking him. He slowly opened his eyes, and sat up.

"What time is it?" he asked, scratching his head.

"Uh seven in the morning" I replied. He stood up and followed me into the kitchen.

"What's that smell?" he asked.

"I made pancakes" I responded. Suddenly, the door flew open, and the rest of the gang came in. "Hey" I heard Two-Bit call from the living room. In no time, they joined us at the table.

"Wooee, that smells good" he said. Sodapop was the  first one to take a  bite of my pancakes. Once he ate a piece, his jaw dropped.

"What's wrong?" I asked. The whole gang turned to him. He made a sound before answering.

"These are the best tasting pancakes ever" he exclaimed. Everybody chuckled and dug in. They all said the same thing, but in different ways. After they finished, they asked me if I could make dinner too. Even Darry agreed, so I said I would. That made them really happy.

"Well, we're off to work, ya'll behave yourself ya hear?" Darry said.

"Yea" Ponyboy responded.

"I'll look after them" Two-Bit stated. After they left, Two-Bit turned to me.

"C'mon, let's go buy you some clothes" he said. That was weird, but I gotta admit, I did need some.

"With what money?" asked Dally.

"Darry left me some dough to buy her some" he replied.

"Okay, let's go" Dally said. We walked out the door and began on our long journey to the clothing store.

"How did you learn to cook like that?" Pony asked.

"My mom taught  me, she said that I would need to know how anyway" I explained.

"Do you miss her?" he asked.

"Kinda" I replied. He must of seen the look on my face, because he quickly changed the subject.

"Don't you get cold?" he asked.

"Not really, I always go to the beach in the winter, with the water all freezing cold, a person can get used to it" I explained.

"Wow, you sound more like a soc than a greaser" he joked.

"What's the difference?" I asked.

"Soc are also known  as the snobby rich kids, and we're not" he explained, then he looked at Dally.

"Well, some of us can be mean, and there's some that flirt with the whole town" he added, loud enough for Two-Bit and Dally to hear. They both turned around.

"What can I say, it works for me" Dally bragged. Everybody laughed, including me.

"Oh yea? What about you Cyndy?" he asked.

"I didn't need to flirt to have had as many admirers as I did" I smoothly replied.

"So I'm guessing you have had a lot of boyfriends?" Two-Bit asked.

"No, I didn't have a single one, because my mom wouldn't let me" I responded.

"Some mom huh?" Dally wondered.

"Yea, but only because she cared about me too much" I explained.

"She must of been pretty special" Johnny said.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Well these days, people don't give a hang bout their kids" Dally answered.

"Oh" I replied.

"Look we're here" Pony pointed out.