Christmas Special

After the Volturi incident, I finished high school and we had moved out from Forks to Australia. Carlisle and my mom had gotten jobs at the local hospital. Esme became an English teacher at the high school, we joined. They already had a house there but not enough rooms, so we bought a smaller house for me, my mom and Demetri. To the local people, Ashley Hale lived with her three children, Alex Hale, Jasper Hale and Rosalie Hale. She was Esme Cullen's sister and Esme was married to Carlisle who had adopted Emmett Cullen, Alice Cullen, Edward Cullen. Bella Cullen, Demetri Cullen and Renesmee Cullen were daughters of Carlisle's cousin who died in a car accident.

Thankfully, there weren't any shape-shifters around. So we didn't have to face the problems like having a territory even though we drank animal blood.

When we got admission in high school, we didn't make any friends. First, because none of the humans knew what to think of us. Second, we already had nine people in our group. So no one really tried to know us either. Although, we would hear whispers which is crystal clear to us. Edward would say if someone thinks something really funny. Like this one time, Edward and I were walking to our math class together when he chuckled and told me two cheerleaders were trying to take out Demetri on a date. I asked where they were and we went there. I saw Demetri was leaning against his locker and two girls were talking. I swiftly walked towards them. People stayed away from me because I was a part of the weird family, and also I was only one of the family who dyed her hair in unnatural colours. This time I had teal coloured hair.

"Excuse me," I said standing behind the girls. Since I didn't make a noise when I went there, they jumped. "Do you want to go on a date with him?"

The girls looked at each other. One was tall and had black hair.The other one was shorter with blonde hair.

"How did you know?" Black hair asked.

"Because I know things," I whispered to them. "Just like I know, he doesn't care about you."

"I know you guys are related or whatever," the blonde one said. "But that doesn't mean you get to choose whom he dates."

I smirked and looked at Demetri. "I thought I did get to choose."

He grinned. "You do." Then he kissed me. When we pulled off, they were looking with jaws dropped.

"Boo," I said to the blonde girl and she jumped back a little. Then we walked over to Edward.

"They think you're weird and creepy," Edward said as we headed for math.

"Let them," I said. "I am weird yet I am gonna stay even after their granddaughters die."

Then we shared a smirk and that was it.

Soon it was Nessie's 3rd birthday. We didn't invite anyone. We had given Seth and Jacob a call. But Jake was in university now and Seth had exams coming over. Now that, there are no vampires around, they are going back to their careers. Although they both run around through the forest of Forks with some others. Sam had made Jacob the alpha and he kind of retired.

Since it was an all vampires party, so obviously no one needed food. We had told Nessie that she can ask her classmates for the party but she didn't want to. So we didn't insist. Alice bought a small cake for her. She cut it and opened the gifts. But throughout the whole day, Alice, Demetri, my mom and Edward had been talking every now and then. No one knew what it was until Demetri proposed me. Alice knew being a seer and Edward had read their thoughts. And Demetri had probably asked my mom's permission first being the gentleman he is.

He had gotten on his knees, pulled out a black velvet box and said, "You can already tell what's going to happen. So, Alex, will you do me the honour of being my wife?"