Chapter: 32

"Its been a while, old friend," Carlisle said standing a few yards ahead of us.

I hated to see him like that, alone. But if there was a threat, Edward would know.

Aro stepped forward a few paces too. Some of his guards crouched. But he held out his hand. "Peace," then he looked at Carlisle. "Fair words, Carlisle. But seeing how you have gathered an army against us, I should say those doesn't fit."

"They're not an army. Just witnesses," Carlisle answered.

Caius stepped forward. "We see the child."

"But see the warmth in her cheeks, she..."

"Artifice," Caius said. "Bring the informer forward."

Two guards brought Irina. The Denalis hadn't totally believed that their sister would do that so they gasped.

"Is that the child you saw?" Caius asked.

"I don't know," she muttered.

"Jane," Caius said.

"No," Irina said louder before Jane  could apply her gift. "She has grown. I take full responsibility for my false accusation."

Caius smirked at Aro and then nodded at Felix. I couldn't read minds but I knew what was happening.

Demetri lit a fire and the guards held her hands and in a blink, Felix beheaded her and dropped her in the fire.

"No," Tanya screamed and so did Kate. I knew the Volturi was trying to make us do the first move.

"Stop," I said. Also, Zafrina blinded them. Garrett and Emmett caught Kate. Eleazar caught Tanya.

"They are trying to make us start the fight," Edward whispered to us.

So they stop after all.

"I want to see the child," Aro said looking at us. "And Alex."

My head turned to Edward, he looked at me angrily and I realised he was angry at Aro.

Edward and Bella took the first steps. Jacob started walking. Seth and I followed. But then I looked back and Emmett joined me too. Carlisle walked back to Esme.

I stood between Emmett and Seth as Aro approached Nessie.

"I hear her heartbeat," Aro said to his witnesses. Then he extended his hand. "May I?"

"Hello, Aro," Renesmee said without any fear showing in her voice. I felt proud and I saw Edward glancing at me. We both smiled as she gently touched Aro's face. He looked at her in wonder.

My eyes went to Demetri. He looked perfect than ever. I could see the scratches on his face now with my brand new vamp vision. His lips slightly parted but then he closes them. I bit my lip because I wanted to go and touch him.

"Magnifico," Aro said making us break our eye contact. "They speak the truth. Half mortal, half immortal. This newborn, Bella died giving birth to her. And Edward is her biological father."

Then he turned to me. "My dear, Alex. Look at you. Such a beauty."

"That's very nice of you, Aro," I tried to be fearless like my niece.

He smiled and extended his hand. "May I?"

I nodded and gave him my hand. He took it in both hands.

Jacob and Nessie walked back but Edward stayed along with Bella, although Bella stood behind all of us. I knew why. She was protecting us from Chelsea's powers and Jane's and Alec's. I looked at Demetri. I think he knew I was scared because he stepped forward. Alec put a hand in front of him but he pushed it away, then walked over to stand beside Aro and me. Seth made a low growl and Demetri stopped.

"I am so sorry about your accident," Aro said leaving my hand. "But on the bright side, you can come with us to live at Volterra."

And that's when I knew things could go sideways and in my case, it will go.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I wanted to thank everyone for reading my story. But, I am writing this because my exam's are starting next week. So I might not keep track of what day it is. So I am requesting you guys to comment on a chapter to remind me. And, since its ending just before Christmas, it may take some time to write new chaps. Once a week maybe, after Christmas, until I catch up. So yeah, keep reading and commenting. Thanks, if you read the note until the end.