Chapter: 30

I became friends with Alistair soon enough. I don't know if it's because of my gift or not. But he liked me. Probably because I was trying to stay away from everyone too.

He was a tracker too so I asked him, how many were coming. He said, a lot. The whole guard and their wives too. So I told that to Edward and he said to others. We were all at the Cullens' living room talking about it. 

"Everyone?" Tanya asked. 

"I think I understand it," Eleazar said. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up before proving the coven had committed some crime," Eleazar said.

"So he had done this before?" my mom asked.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," he said.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle said nodding because he had been a part of Volturi just like Eleazar had been once.

"This person always has an ability," Eleazar said. "And they're always given a place with the Guard."

"This is all about Alice," Edward said. "He has no one like her."

"Which is why she left," Bella said.

"Demetri left because of Chelsea," Edward said and looked at Amun.

"Who's that?" I asked and looked at them.

"Amun turned Demetri," Edward said. "Aro offered him a place. Chelsea can manipulate people's emotions and relationships."

"So she must be the most valuable to Aro," I said and Edward nodded.

"If we come to fight, she dies first," I muttered.

"And Renata," Edward said.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Carlisle said. "We don't want anyone to die."

Amun and Kebi stood up. "Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving."

"And where will we go?" Benjamin said. "They will know about us. About me. They had already taken Demetri from you. And I am not going to run forever looking over my shoulder."

"The Volturi doesn't want punishment," Kate said. "It's power."

"And if Aro gets Alice, what's making them stop coming after Benjamin or Kate or Zafrina? Or any others with gifts?" Garrett said. 

"You are not here to fight," Edward said. "You're just witnesses."

"Look," I said standing up. "We don't have Alice right now with us. So we don't know what's going to happen. We are talking about possibilities. So let's agree on one thing. Whatever happens. We stick together."

"That's right," Edward said and Bella stood up.

"Always with you," Jacob said nodding.

And slowly everyone agreed except for Amun, Kebi and Alistair. Amun said they will leave as soon as they can, whether with Benjamin or not. And Alistair would do whatever he thinks is right at the moment. But seeing everyone together made me realise this bond was for forever if lasts and I was happy.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: For the Jasper lovers out there. Check out LisaEPotterFF 's Misfire. It's amazing. Love ya.