32

"Fuck!" I whispered then I stomp my both feet on the floor. I stood up and I heard someone is knocking through the door.

"Diane? it's me Beatrice. Can we talk for a second?" She asked.

"Wait a second. Comin'!" I replied.

I opened the door and she immediately hug me like for no reason.

"Hey, why you're crying?" I asked, patting her back.

"It's be-because... Alexander he bro-" She said in weakly voice.

"Wait, what?!" I asked, then I let her in and we both sat at the coffee table.

"What's wrong with you and Alexander?" I asked curiously.

"He bro-" She was in mid-sentence but I cut her off. "Wait, a second. I'll grabbed you something to drink. Wait for me, okay?" I said then she nodded and I immediately run through the kitchen and grabbed some water to drink. I pour it into the glass and gave it to her.

"Th-thank you" She smiled weakly.

"You're welcome" I replied.

"So, tell me what happened to you and to Alexander?" I asked straight to the point.

She sighed, "Alexander and I just broke up a while ago." She said, I was shocked. Leaving my mouth open and she started crying again.

"Sorry, if I bothered you" She said while wiping her tears.

"It's okay." I said, I stood up and give her a warm hug.

"Thanks, Diane."

"For what?" I asked.

"For everything. For not leaving me alone." She said, I smiled a bit and said,

"You're always welcome" I slowly pulled away from her, wiping her tears away.

*—*—*—*—

I remembered my best friend, Beatrice. She was my first and last friend in North Carolina. She always protect me from the bad guys. At first, I thought she's my very long lost sister. We used to protect each other. But, now she's gone. I never seen her face again, since I moved on to Los Angeles, staying up with mom.

All I heard from her mom was, she was died because of the car accident. She was riding a bike without a doubt a car came in and bumped her. Her legs are broken, her clothes was ripped and full of blood flowing coming from her head, causing of a Traffic Jam.

She immediately brought her to the nearest hospital. Sad to say, she passed away causing of lack of blood. She didn't make it. I know, she's trying to be tough. And I know, I never get a chance to say goodbye. I miss her.

»

»

«

«

"Diane!"

"Yeah?"

I was snapped back into the reality. Forgetting the flashback of my friend.

"Diane, are you alright?" Nicole asked, concerned all over her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I half-smiled.

"It seems, you're zoned out. Is there something really wrong?" She asked.

"No. It's fine. I'm okay, don't worry about me." I said. Then, I stood up and leave them eating in the cafeteria.

I was weakly to stand up and I don't know why. Why I'm so worried and trying to remembered her? It's been 5 years, she's been gone. Who cares? she's my best friend who save my life. What if, she's my sister I was looking for? No, that's impossible. She can't be.

I went to my locker to put my books that I not needed. Just two more subjects and it's time to go. Then, someone cover my mouth then hardly gripped my hand.

I was trying to let go out his big hand but I was failed, heading to janitor's closet.

"What the fu-"

Then, finally he turned on the light.

"Harry?"

I was shocked. I didn't know that it was him.

"Why your bro-" I was in mid-sentence but he cut me off.

"Okay, listen here." Harry breathe. "You need to be alert. Someone is trying to kill you." He said, giving me a riddle.

"What?! What do you mean? I don't understand you." I said, trying to repeat on what he said. I was confused.

"What do you mean? Someone is trying to kill me? How? Why? Tell me, Harry. Tell me!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

He breathe. "Okay, listen. You should be careful to the people who surrounded by you. People can control you whatever they want. "And you're the only one who will protect your ownself."

Those last words makes my body shiver through my spine. Harry went outside the closet, living me alone through the dark.

"Someone is trying to kill me?" Who are they? Did I do something wrong?

I was confused. I was frustrated. I was alone.

——————

The class ended. I was walking alone. I didn't see my friends. Where are they? I remembered Harry on what he said. How Harry know that? What the fuck is that? Life is so complicated.

While I was walking through the streets, I felt someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and it was Ashton.

"Hey!" He said then he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Sup?" I asked, slowly removing his hands off me.

"By the way, why you're walking alone?" He asked curiously.

"I don't know. Actually, I didn't see my friends earlier." I said, looking down at my sneakers.

"Ow"

"Diane," Ashton said.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this." He turned to me.

"Wha-"

He put a handkerchief over my mouth and nose. Before I could push him away, I was already slipping into oblivion.