(19) Amari's P.O.V

Amari’s Point of View:

I’m getting ready to go to the wedding with Kim. I haven’t seen Jamaya in four years. I instantly think about Kim. I still can’t believe I let myself get so caught up in the relationship to be hurt. I put on my tux. “Uncle you look handsome.” Asia said entering the room.

“Amari chop it up to be her loss.” Kim said.

“Yeah I guess you’re right.” I am tired of talking about Keisha.

“You ready?” Kim asks as she slips on her heels.

“Yeah.”

We head out and go to the car. We drive off to the wedding. In less than an hour we arrive at the place.

“I’m going to go find Jamaya; you guys just go inside and find a seat.” Kim said.

Asia and I go inside and try to find a seat. We find a seat and sit down.

“So how is dance class going, I haven’t taken you to class lately.”

“It’s going good. I know and I miss you begin around.” Asia said.

“Well I’ll try to be around more.”

“Good.” Asia said.

Everyone stands as the music begins. We sit back down and the flower girl comes out. I look at the flower and realize she has some of Jamaya’s features. She had a kid? Damn. I instantly wish I could change it and go back to when she and I were planning our wedding. Finally Jamaya walks out with her dad by her side.

She is smiling and looks happy. I couldn’t help but smile. I’m glad she is happy. They say their vows.

“If there is anyone who thinks these two should not be together speak now or forever hold your peace.”

I thought about saying something but decided against it. I guess in a way I kind of feel like she should be happy. They kiss and everyone applauds.

“Wow they make a nice couple.” Asia said.

We head to the reception. We eat and congratulate the new married couple. Everyone was having a good time dancing but me.

I don’t feel up for dancing. Jamaya comes over to the table to get something to drink. She notices me.

“Hey Amari.” Jamaya said.

“Hey.”

“I didn’t know you were here.” Jamaya said.

“Well Kim invited me.”

“Oh I’m glad you came. Why aren’t you dancing?” Jamaya said.

“I’m not feeling in a dancing mood.”

“Oh wanna talk about it?” Jamaya asked.

“Nah I’m good but thanks anyway.”

Demarius comes over. “Mind if I borrow my wife and dance with her.” Demarius said.

“Suit yourself.” I said.

They head to the dance floor. I think I’m going to stay single for a while, don’t need all that stress right now.

Vote.......

Comment.....

Thank you :))