THE BLOOD BATH

Third Person

Cody relaxed and laid down against the classic checkered blanket.

He had learned a lot of things he didn't previously know about his friends, and to him, that only strengthened their relationships. Trust, tranquility, what else was better for a perfect day? It just made him want to close his eyes and drift off, and with nothing stopping him, he began to.

Close by, Sam and Tanith were chatting to themselves, Tanith fully enjoying the ice cream provided while Sam took little nibbles at fruit. Selena watched the waves while munching on an apple and Professor was taking full advantage of the free food provided.

So... Peaceful.

But it ended quicker than anyone could blink as a wave of purple invaded the sand.

Selena was first to notice the sudden army pop up and screamed immediately, both to warn the others, and out of a mix of surprise and fear. Cody's eyes shot open and sat up as Professor scrambled up and drew his gun. Tanith froze for just a moment upon seeing who was there while Sam was ready, having a bow in her hand in seconds.

Though hard to process for some at first, it was soon as clear as day who was there. Illithids, seemingly endless amounts of them as well as some others. A stone golem, a large orange-red crab and a smaller but similar one, and at the lead of them with his yellow eyes narrowed, the kraken. The leader.

Cody's eyes instantly began to spark with power as he drew his spear, but to his surprise, CannibalCrab shot it out of his hand, then aimed it at Pikalus. KrakenKid had his gun aimed on the penguin while Gnash and CrankyCrab both seemed to focus on the girls, particularly the Sneaky Sisters.

Cody considered going for his spear, now on the ground but decided he first needed to distract them first. The illithids began to surround the five of them, trapping them in a large circle and causing them to bunch up. Tanith took out her staff and fiddled with it, glancing around.

"KrakenKid," His voice was almost a growl. "What are you doing here?"

A smirk played on his lips. "What do you think? I'm taking what's mine."

Cody knew exactly what he was talking about, and he hated that with every core of his being. "The crown- Atlantis in general- has always been me and my family's legacy. I'm taking care of it! You've only hurt it!"

"I've only ever hurt it in an attempt to get to you." He pointed out, cocking his gun. "And right now, I'm taking another chance to get to it. I got word about your little set up and figured I'd finally take what was mine." KrakenKid stifled a laugh. "I guess acting without much of a plan can pay off after all."

Cody found himself glancing at his spear and back again, but to his misfortune, KrakenKid noticed. "Kick it over here." He ordered. When Cody didn't move, he aimed it at Sam, who's current weapon was too busy being pointed at Gnash for her to move it and be safe. "Now, or someone gets it."

All it took was a moment of Cody to hesitate for KrakenKid to shoot. Lucky for Sam, it whizzed right past her head, burning up a little of her hair as it did. Though no one was looking at him, there was a flicker in KrakenKid's eyes, before he regained his confidence and faced Cody. "Next time, I won't miss." He told him. Hopefully... He added to himself.

Cody got the message and kicked his spear, which landed beneath the kraken's legs. With one of them, it was kicked even further away, and he relaxed.

"Good." He said, taking in a deep breath before raising his gun quickly.

Cody waited for him to shoot, raising his hands, though he knew it wouldn't do much good, but it never came. A blue bubble formed around Cody, keeping him safely inside.