Chapter One - Rediscovery

Magsimula sa umpisa

Carefully scooping him up, I cradled him to my chest and crept across the hall to my room. If Benji hadn't woken them, then I wanted them to sleep, they deserved it. Benji hadn't taken to settling well, he'd been up till all hours the first week, and in this second week he'd still been restless.  

I climbed into my bed and lay down carefully, spreading Benji out across my chest, I welcomed his weight and closed my eyes, listening to the slow even sound of his breath and the accompanying feel of his breath on my neck, I fell into sleep, all thoughts of school tomorrow falling out of my mind as I cuddled my baby.

'Goodmorning everyone, today is a great day of sun and fun, so grab your togs and go swim like a frog frog frog' 

I groaned and cut of the radio announcers terrible wake up call, sitting up, I hooked an arm around Benji to keep him from falling and looked at the clock.  

I groaned and hit my head on the wall behind me. 6 in the morning, I was running on barely 2 hours of sleep on my first morning back at school. 

Benji gurgled and tried to suckle through my shirt. I laughed and he pounded his tiny fist on my chest in frustration, giving a tiny whine.  

I giggled, 'Okay, my sweet' I crooned, tugging down my shirt, just as the night before, and every other time, he latched on eagerly.  

I giggled again and waved my finger near his face, he latched onto that as well, gripping it hard as his eyes drifted, half open and half closed.  

The door creaked open and Sera poked her head in, 'ahh, so here he is, I was worried for a second when he wasn't in his bed'  

I grinned at my half sister as she came and sat on the bed beside me, stroking Benji's hair.  

'Yeah, he slept with me last night' I told her, waving Benji's hand that still gripped my finger.  

Sera stroked my hair as she had Benji's. 'You've been a brave girl Jody' she whispered, giving me a hug.  

I took my eyes off Benji and smiled at her, 'I couldn't have done it without you'  

She grinned, 'And I loved having you' her smile faded a little 'But if you considered talking to Haddiean...' she looked at me meaningfully. 

I shrugged off her gaze, and lifted Benji to my shoulder as he yawned widely and waved his fist.  

She shook her head at me, 'Jody, it would be easier on you if you told him'  

I smiled sadly at her as Benji curled an arm around my neck, 'Even if I wanted to Ser, I don't know where he is'  

She sighed and smoothed down my rumpled hair, 'have it your way squid, but promise me if you ever do see him again you'll tell him?'  

I sighed and nodded, it's not like I'll ever see him again 'Yeah I promise sis'  

She smiled and kissed me and Benji before turning out of the room, I could hear her taking the steps two at a time as she went to have breakfast. 

I smiled down at Benji, 'We don't need anybody, were fine on our own, you and I'

My heart contracted in my chest as I stood in the front of my old school, soon to be my current school. I took a deep breath, ignoring the thickness of the air in my lungs and slung my bag over my shoulder.  

I could do this, I could do this. I would not back down, I was a strong woman.  

I tossed my head high and walked into through the front gates of school.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't need a map to find my way around. Everything was as familiar to me as the back of my hand. There was more grass than I remembered, but they'd been talking about growing more when I'd left.  

I had homeroom in E block. Turning down into my classroom, I smiled at teachers as I passed them by. Lots of them I remembered, there was a few that I didn't, but I would soon, so it didn't bother me.  

My homeroom teacher turned out to be Mrs Jay. She grinned at me as I walked in. 'Hello Jody Tate, long time no see'  

I smiled weakly at her, not feeling as well as I'd thought I would.  

I used to have this room for English. Me and Haddiean used to sit up the back and talk all lesson. Occasionally listening; but mostly not.  

The seat up the back was empty.  

My seat. 

Haddieans wasn't there was a boy sitting in it. His head down on the table, a cap on his head. I walked past, frowning at his head. I had the strangest of feelings. Did I know him? 

I wonder who he is I thought as I sat in my seat and closed my eyes.  

I had a whole 40 mins to while away. The teacher marked people off as they walked in the door, homeroom was used for marking the role, and recently they'd extended it to add silent reading. They thought it would be good for the students. I don't think anyone actually reads; I usually just sleep.  

I laid my head on the desk and stared out the window. This was where I'd met Haddiean.  

We sat down for homeroom and bitched about our teacher, who was very stuck up and kinda weird, sometimes I swear she looked at you like she was seriously considering eating you, this was the first thing I said to Haddiean.  

I sighed as I remembered, then pulled out my phone and texted Sera, hows it sis? Benji causing you any trouble? 

She texted back almost at once; 

Doing great, bubs missin you a bit, cried himself rugged, sleeping now 

I sighed, I was missing him too.  

The bell rung for end of homeroom and I sighed, 40mins had gone fast.  

The boy in the seat next to me groaned and sat up, his hat falling off.  

I almost fell out of my seat.  

I swear that Sera jinxed me, because the guy that looked at me as he leant over to pick up his hat was Haddiean Perry. 

********** 

********** 

********** 

Hows it????  

Do you guys like it?? 

VOTE????? 

Please. 

COMMENT???? 

Tammy