Link Vs Dark Link

READER'S POV

We were on our way back to the castle until Dark Link started looking around for some reason. I looked at him confused and I asked him.

"What's the matter?"

"We're being followed."

I wanted to look over my shoulder but Dark Link shook his head for a no and he then whispered to me.

"Don't look, he'll know we're onto him, don't look at him just keep acting like nothing is wrong."

I nodded my head and then Diablo started to trot a little like if he knew what was going on. Dark Link glanced over his shoulder and he then whispered to me.

"(Y/n) when I give the word, get back to the castle and let Vaati and Ghirahim know what's going on."

"What about you?"

"I'll deal with that green ant."

I covered my mouth from laughing when he called Link that name. I nodded my head and then we heard cantering behind us and then Dark Link shouted.

"Go now!"

I nodded my head and I kicked Diablo's side and he galloped as fast as he could.

DARK LINK'S POV

I pulled back on Scarlet's reins and she reared up to scare Epona. Epona backed away from us and then Link got off her back and I did the same with Scarlet. I took off my hood and I glared at Link. Link glared at me and he then said to me.

"I finally found you, Dark Link!"

"What do you want this time, Link?"

"I want you to tell me where Ganondorf is."

I frowned at him when he said this.

"I hate to tell you this, I have no idea where he is."

"Lair! I don't believe you!"

Link shouted as he unsheathed his sword and he tried to attack me but he missed when I dodged it. I unsheathed my sword and we then started to fight.

READER'S POV

Diablo galloped through the forest as fast as he could until I spotted Vaati in the distance. I shouted at him.

"Vaati!!"

Vaati stood up from the ground and then I pulled back on Diablo's reins to make him stop. Vaati looked up at me and he said to me.

"(Y/n), what's going on? where's Dark Link?"

"We were on our way back to the castle until Link started following us, I think he and Link are fighting each other as we speak!"

"What?! lead the way!"

I nodded my head and then Vaati summoned a cloud so that he was riding on it (A/n like how Gaara rides his sand.)

I kicked Diablo's side and he then galloped off again. As we were trying to get to Dark Link, I asked Vaati.

"Vaati, Dark Link told me that Ganondorf disappeared, does that mean Link has been trying to find you and those who worked with Ganon?"

"Yes, after that fight with Ganon, Link caught us a few times because we were trying to find him but we had no luck and he thinks that we do know where he is but we don't since we gave up ages ago before you came along."

"I see, no wonder things were a bit tense around here."

I said before Diablo jumped over a log and he went back to galloping. Just then, Scarlet came out of nowhere and she started neighing and rearing at us. Diablo came to halt and I was surprised by this.