Chapter 30: Surprise? Thought Not...

Start from the beginning

I bet she made that up on the spot, it sounded so cheesy.

Either way, I was put into a spell of tranquility and didn't wake up for many hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------x-------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, Lucia overslept as well. It was already half way to midday when we woke up, since someone came along to knock on the wood door they had installed to their room.

What sounded like Sherfire's voice came through the door, "Lucia! The ambassador group is here! Lucia, are you in?!"

"I'm-What?! I'm up, I'm up! Give me a few seconds!"

Lucia startled awake and almost threw me off, until she remembered that there was a very fragile child in her possession and eased off the bed. The back of her head was flat, since she slept while leaning against the wall. I felt bad about that, but it was her choice so I left it be.

She picked me up while yawning constantly, wiping away sleep as she righted her clothes, made sure the red dress she had fallen asleep in wasn't too messed up, and opened the door.

Ummmmm there's something wrong here.

I was expecting a dragon, since, you know, the halls are wide and tall enough for that.

Not this loli.

There was a girl with bright green shoulder length hair in front of us, the size of a ten year old. Her skin was so pale white that I thought she was a ghost, and her eyes were different colored shades of green. One pupil was slitted, the other normal. Her hands seemed fairly large for her body, and the nails were at least an inch long each. There was something very off about this picture that I couldn't put my finger on, so I decided to ignore it.

Ah. That's right, they said something about transformation magic...I wonder what that is.

Wait, no I don't wonder. The words say it all.

"The ambassadors arrived five hours ago, Lawrence and Katerine just now. I thought you were already wandering around and awake, but since no one had seen you I realized you probably hadn't come out yet," the little girl looked up with flashing eyes as she twirled.

Ah, she was escaping punishment for not coming earlier. Was this Lucia lady really that important?

Lucia took a deep breath, then let it out.

"Sherfire."

"Yes, Lu-Lucia?" Twirling more...

"It's okay."

"Really?"

"It's okay."

"Um, okay..."

Confusion is evident on one side of the party. The Sherfire part.

"It's okay."

Who are you trying to convince?

Lucia's violet eyes flashed open as she walked past Sherfire, closing the door calmly before marching off towards who knew where.

Her face was utterly devoid of emotion as she walked down the hall, but her tannish skin was paling visibly.

Her thoughts leaked out without too much care, What has Lawrence done this time?

Lady, why do you have so little faith in your son? More like, why do you already know he has done something? Not, what are you going to do this time?