Chapter Twenty Three

Your P.O.V:

"Right." the police officer said, pacing up and down the empty meeting room.
We had just made our way to a small and humble police office, a local one, the same one as last time.
I drove Dan down here with me as we don't live in Haringey, and taking the buses from Hampstead would be too much of a bother. We were the only ones to turn up to the meeting as Phil's parents were at home looking after Martyn who (only a few days ago) had caught the flu.

"The handwriting samples have been scanned for fingerprints, and luckily the blackmailer was sloppy. There are a few around the edges of the note. We ran through the system of criminals whom we have recorded fingerprints of, but none of them seem to match. In situations like these it's very difficult to find a lead. It's not like we're going to scan every single person in the world to find a match." He stated.

"How long do you think it will take for something to happen? When WILL we get a lead?" Dan asked.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that. It could be weeks. Months. Years. Or maybe never. Please know that we have many other cases to deal with - you guys are not our first priority. There are lots of stabbings that have happened in the past week or so."

I slammed my hand on the fragile plastic desk, causing it to wobble violently.
Anger surged in me. "NOT YOUR FIRST PRIORITY? OUR FRIEND IS DEAD BECAUSE OF SOME DIP SHIT WHO YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LET GO!" I yelled. I was emotionally crumbling as for so long I had to act as if I was fine for Dan's sake. That didn't stop me from hearing him crying in the bathroom at 3:00am most nights, and going shopping with him and watching him stare at the labels of food packages but not actually taking anything in.
I sat back down on the chair and hid my face in my arms - i felt hot tears spilling down my cheeks.
Why do they not realise how important Phil was?
Dan put his hand gently and cautiously on my shoulder, standing up. I relaxed under his touch again and he looked the policeman in the eyes.
"Call us if you know anything. But I don't see this going anywhere. A private detective would be of more use." Dan replied, leaving the man left alone in the room shell-shocked from the scene that had previously played before him.
My head was too clouded to feel bad for him.
Dan and I walked through the small corridor and into the reception area. In the seats to the right of the reception was a man with handcuffs and a blank expression on his face - probably arrested for some petty crime like wallet theft. None of the cases here are very important in the scheme of things, and since Phil was important, we better take it elsewhere.
No one here was to be taken seriously.
I stepped in front of Dan and used all my strength to open the heavy glass doors, revealing a strong cold breeze along the streets. I was greeted by the same depressing cloudy sky and so zipped up my jacket.
I waited for Dan to zip up too before we headed down the irregular concrete steps and towards the street my car was parked on.
"Honestly cops there are so big headed." He muttered to himself.
"Now I know where the song 'fuck the police' came from." I joked. Dan smiled but his face quickly fell when we turned the corner.

The space that my car was previously in was empty, and all that was left was some shattered glass.
"wha-what." I rasped and ran towards it. Dan stayed behind and stayed silent there for a few seconds.
"I'll... call a cab." He stuttered.
As I approached the scene, there was a piece of paper with some scrappy handwriting on it.
The same handwriting as Phil's "suicide" note.

The colour in my face drained and I walked towards dreaded note.

Phil is gone and you are trying to find out what the hell is going on. Who the frick is messing with your life? Well it's me, you useless bitch. And if I were you I would get the fuck away from Dan, if you don't want something to happen to him too. Dan isn't right for you. You deserve better. And soon you will get better than him. You'll get me. I have pictures of you and Dan together that are attached to this message. If you don't break apart in the next week then I'm pretty sure these getting posted everywhere will spark some issues. So, tell dan he'd better choose hastily. His fiancée or his lifelong career. xx

Nononononono... this was all happening so fast. Why do people like these exist??

My shaking hand scrunched up the note and threw it onto the ground. I picked up some pictures that were held down by a chunk of glass. The glass cut into my hand, but right now a minor injury wasn't of great importance.
Tears began streaming down my face as I flicked through five or six pictures of Dan and I naked together in his bedroom, all on multiple nights we...(you know what I mean).
I couldnt show these to him. He would be outraged. I know how protective he gets. I stuffed them into my jacket pocket, as well as the scrunched up paper, and walked back to Dan at the side of the road.
He was still calling a cab, but quickly hung up.
"Pretty shit, huh? Tottenham isn't the safest of places to park a Mercedes Benz." He spoke, trying to make a dark situation light.
I let out a small fake smile so he felt appreciated.
"Who do you think did it?" Dan asked, running his hands stressfully through his curly hair.
"Dunno." I muttered, and slipped my hands into my jacket pocket to push the notes further in in case he saw them. I rested my head on Dan's shoulder and he put his arm around me to block the cold wind.
I won't tell him. For now.

(A/N: omg im alive!! i found it pretty difficult to update due to the fact a lot of shit is happening about my mental health as the NHS is the fucking slowest at getting being help. i havent got much motivation to draw or write or anything and havent for a while. I'll try to keep updated for you guys though.
alsooo i met PJ at London comic con on saturday (AAAA)

ignore my face lol
anyways,,
Stay healthy and ily xx)