not really another chapter?

YOYOYO IM IN AMERICA
which sadly means that I cant write another chapter. but once i have finished this book, i was planning on releasing another dan x reader. about a month ago i wrote the first chapter, so since i can't really update much here is a sneak peek at a new book im working on! (also im riddled with jetlag and can't think straight)

#######
dan's p.o.v:
"shut up phil, he might hear!" i whisper-shouted.
"but-"
"no!" i replied. "when i said i felt lonely i meant it as a joke, i didn't mean pick up any random person on the street. seriously though, he's not my type anyway. just- please phil."
he huffed at me and took another bite of his pizza.
we were currently at pizza express, and it was 7pm on a saturday, which meant it was the busiest time. the place was packed, and we were sat right next to the bins due to a lack of seating.
"anyway, by lonely i didn't mean like that. i just felt like we need someone..." i paused for a second to think. "new."
"are you calling me boring, daniel?" phil whined.
"no." i said, simply. "yes." "maybe."
"dan, you literally just said three different answers at the same time." phil laughed, now going on to sip the end of his lemonade, sucking up the remains causing an extremely loud roaring noise to come from his straw. (A/N: y'get what i mean?)
"i don't know. we just need some action, you know? our lives aren't that spicy." i muttered. phil laughed and i was glad that my joke was appreciated. "look at zoe and jacksepticeye, they have a wider range of friends and stuff."
the waitress came over and took away our empty plates.
"would you like the dessert menu?" she asked, a bored and monotoned look on her face as if she had done this one time too many.
"no thank you, can we just have the bill please?" i asked, getting butterflies from social anxiety.
"of course." she strutted away and phil resorted to his phone to play crossy road.
i tapped my bitten down nails against the table until it got boring and i stood up.
"i'm just gonna go to the toilet quickly." i mumbled to phil.
"mhm."
\ \ \ \ \
i walked between chairs and waiters running up and down attempting to serve the mob of tourists which were constantly arriving.
eventually, i reached a set of stairs which lead down to the kitchen and the toilets. i let out a breath i didn't realise i had been holding, and began making my way down the stairs.
little did i know that my shoelace was untied.
just as i was about to reach the bottom, i bashed into a girl who had just walked out of the ladies toilets.
being the tall, awkward, long pole that i am, i managed to knock her to the floor completely.
stupid stupid stupid
"i'm so sorry! it's just my shoelace was untied... i didn't see you-"
i was interrupted as i realised she was just laughing really hard at the whole incident.
"i guess you're gonna put this in another 'reasons why dan's a fail' video, aren't you?" she chuckled, as i watched her tone progress into one with nasty undertones.
i felt my face instantly heat up with embarrassment as she knew who i was but also clearly wasn't much of a fan.
"wonder why that is? maybe it's because you are fail? or do you even make those videos anymore? you've moved on from 'danisnotonfire', now. you are daniel howell. trying to escape your 'emo past'." the girl snarled.
"well good luck escaping it, because judging by what you're wearing you're still just as much of a freak." she walked off and bashed into my arm on the way out.
the landing in which this incident had just happened didn't have anyone, so i just slid my back down the pale cream painted wall and tears welled up.
is what i'm wearing really that bad?
and why the hell did this make me break down so much all of a sudden?
who am i kidding. i'm lonely as fuck for a reason. i have a youtube channel but i only have one best friend and i'm the constantly laughed at for my self-esteem jokes.
my eyes grew red and puffy as i sat against the wall. i'm a mess - and it just got worse. my hands are shaking, my cheeks have dried tears tears on them and i'm a fully grown man hugging my jumper for the little comfort i could grasp.
"excuse me sir, are you okay?" a pretty waitress came out of the kitchen with a plate of drinks - what looked like coke and juice and what not.
"i'm fine." i said, avoiding eye contact. she set the plateful of drinks down next to me and crossed her legs on the floor to level with me.

"trust me - i know the 'i'm fine' saying when i hear it. you aren't fine. and that's fine." she tilted my head up with her finger so that i would look at her. damn her eyes were pretty. "you hear me?"
"yep, i guess so." i stuttered. she smiled and an attractive man around her age came out from the kitchen.
damn, why is everyone apart from me so good looking?
"hey, jack! can you take this to table eight, please?" she handed him the plate of drinks.
"ugh fine." he groaned, taking it off her hands.
"now tell me. what's wrong?" she looked at me again, and rested her head on her hand.
i stayed quiet and looked down at my hands, picking on the corners of my oversized jumper.
"it's fine if you don't want to talk. but it's good to get your mind off of it. go and watch some netflix or something. or read a book. something that will absorb you, and make forget reality, even if it's for a split second. that always works for me." she stood up and started walking towards the kitchen door.
"wait." i spoke up, before she stepped back inside and vanished. "what's your name?" i asked, my hands shaking from this burst of confidence she gave me.
"(y/n)." she replied, with a weak smile.
"will i see you around?" i asked, hopeful.
"probably."
and with that, she disappeared.
------------------------------------------------------
(A/N: also the new book is written in lowercase because i am now cool like that
anyways have a great day/night :)))