Chapter Sixteen

(A/N: wooh! double update! i think i deserve an award, this chapter is 1740 words long now so enjoy! ily)

Your P.O.V:

After a few weeks later we had unpacked and the room felt more home-like. We had a framed picture of Phil on the chest of drawers next to our bed and we set up his room in the bedroom that was supposed to be his with all his stuff, how he had described he wanted it.

I was slouching on the couch in front of the TV watching my sixth episode of some random anime with probably too many graphic scenes but I didn't care and Dan definitely didn't either.

We were both messes but had to get on with life because we would pull each other together eventually - we had to plan the wedding.

"I feel like shit," I muttered into the burrito I was munching furiously as it was 9pm and I couldn't be bothered to make food since breakfast at 1pm, so I was damn hungry.

"Aw, honey you should never feel like shit." He said, sipping his tea. "Ow! Fuck! Hot," He said, putting it down almost the second it made contact with his rosy lips.

"Ooh I know! I can get all dressed up and go out tonight! Maybe make some friends of the female gender." I said, imagining how good I'd feel with all of my flaws covered up. It would restore a shred of the ton of confidence I'd lost lately.

"Okay, but don't stay out too late. I need you to help me fall asleep at night," He said, holding my hand tightly and resting his head on my shoulder. It was true, he's been having really bad nightmares about Phil and everything lately. It's been hard.

"Okay. I love you," I said, as I got up and ran into the bedroom. He groaned when I stood up at first because of the emptiness on the sofa, but quickly filled in my presence with a familiar life sized Haru body pillow. I felt kind of sad because it reminded me of Phil.

I ran my hand up and down the array of clothes hung up in my wardrobe and picked out a short-ish black skater dress that fitted tightly to the top of body but flew out immediately as it hit my waist into consistent waves all the way to about two-thirds down my thighs. I liked it, and it was comfy(ish).

I slipped on some chunky heels and ran to the bathroom to do my makeup. I ran out and grabbed a little purse.

I actually felt...... good?

"Bye bye Dan, see you in a couple hours!" I yelled from the front of the house. I wasn't used to being in a house yet.

"Bye (y/n) I love you, stay safe!" He shouted back, waving a little from the sofa I could see about 20 metres away. I closed the door behind me and ran out into the cold February air.

I breathed in and out deeply and then began strutting down the pavement towards a bar I had visited a couple times in the past.

I could hear loud music playing from inside and shouts from there. As I pushed the door open I was struck by a warmth and a mixture of beer, sweat and a strong cologne coming from a man a couple feet in front of me, clutching a beer.

"What's a girl like you doing here all alone, sweetheart?" He asked. I looked at him in the eyes and his hair was similar to Dan, maybe a little lighter coloured, but his eyes were a greyish blue. He looked about 5 years older than me and he was wearing a checked shirt and blue jeans. He wasn't ugly, he was average. But Dan was perfect.

"Not looking for a man like you," I said, walking into the heart of the bar. He shouted something back, but I couldn't here for the music and I didn't really care. For any man (or woman) who thought I was single, I had a ring to prove them wrong.