[19]

"The good news is, the bullet didn't hit his heart.  However, the impact of the bullet did essentially create what you may call a shockwave. His heart, in part, was along the radius of this 'shockwave' and caused him to fall into this unconscious state you see him in now.  We can't tell for sure when or if he'll wake up, unfortunately.  We are taking good care of him as best we can, but I'm afraid all we can do now is simply just wait and pray," The doctor frowned.

Lydia's eyes widened with each word.  It was as if each sentence uttered from the man's mouth was a punch to the gut.

She couldn't handle losing him.  She felt as if she would collapse at any moment.  She needed to sit down, she couldn't hold herself up because she felt as if her world was crumbling beneath her with every fleeting moment that passed.

"Does Finn have any family members we can call and notify about the situation?" The doctor asked; Lydia could barely hear him. Her eyes were blurring and she, quite frankly, felt as if she was going to faint.

"No," Lydia gulped thinking of Finn's father. She remembered when Amber was alive and how much she used to love Finn's father. He was always so loving and care-free. She had known that Amber's death hit him hard, but she had no idea it made him into the monster under Finn's bed.

Her nose scrunched, a sudden distaste overcoming her senses. Her mouth suddenly felt sour at the mere thought of him.

Lydia didn't know what to do; She didn't know who to go to. Finn's family was no help to her at this point and she couldn't bring herself to fully believe she was the only one there for Finn in such dire times.

"When can I see him?" Lydia suddenly asked causing the doctor to turn with eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Oh, you should be able to visit him in about an hour. They're still checking his vitals, making sure everything is okay for him." Lydia frowned before maneuvering her way through the hall to sit in a blue plush seat next to the door of Finn's room

'116'

Lydia stared at the numbers in disgust, watching as the bright hospital light from above made the metal of the numbers shine and glare bright white.

Everything about the hospital made Lydia sick. Her stomach was turning in abnormal ways and it made her feel utterly vile.

She gulped, the salvia going down her throat like lava, burning her tongue as it slipped down. Her vision was still blurry and the tears that stained her cheeks were still glistening off the surface from the light. Her eyes still red with water as she tried with everything in her not to break down.

All she wanted to do was fall to the ground and cry. Let her knees crumble beneath her before tumbling to floor in pain: Pain, anger, sadness, and guilt. So many emotions were flooding her body that it felt like her body was going to burst.

And that's when it happened.

A tear slipped from her eyes before she let out a choked sob, covering her mouth with her hand.

She was going to lose him.

And there's nothing she could do.

She could've prevented this and she didn't. She wanted to kick herself in the ass for not going to the cops right away.

Why the hell had she not done that?

Maybe the fear in Finn's eyes when she mentioned locking his father away. Or maybe it was just the pure thought of Finn being angry at her that sent her into a pit of fear.

But she didn't do it, and now she would pay the price.

Tears streamed down her face, letting out sobs that sounded like cries for help as they slipped down her red tinted cheeks.