[01]

Oh my gosh I literally listened to this song almost fifty times in a row! I love it so much! And I really think it fits the story! 

You guys should totally check it out!

WARNING*- Mature content, including vulgar language, talks/ attempts of suicide, and trigger themes.

~•~•~•~

The next morning Finn jolted awake, fear consuming every last inch of his mind. Sweat trailed down his forehead as his hands trembled by his side and deep breaths instinctively escaped his lips. Finn's lips quivered as if tears were threatening to escaped his eyes, but nothing came.

 No tears fell, no rain escaped the never ending storm that brewed beneath his irises.

Finn took a few deep breaths before glancing at the floor beside his bed. There lay the one girl that brought a smile to his face sound asleep on the floor beneath his bed. But instead of that static smile, a frown formed on his lips. Finn cursed himself for letting her sleep on the floor, but she had insisted and Lydia was stubborn, Finn knew she wouldn't give in.

Lydia had taken out the bullets of the gun and thrown them across the room. She simply stared at the bullets that littered the ground around the all before slowly walking out of the room with the gun in hand and grabbing a sleeping bag.

Finn knew his father would be back late the next day, due to his sudden disappearances here and there. But he would always come back the same: intoxicated and furious. His father always reeked of alcohol with a snarl etched on his face that made him look, in Finn's opinion, like an over-grown troll.

Finn didn't worry about Lydia facing the wrath of his father. Because to be honest, his father was a different person around Lydia.

Finn's father was a clever man. He knew that if he acted up around Lydia it would be the end of his freedom in seconds. So, Finn's father was lovable and caring towards Finn when the girl was around.

And that's how it's always been.

Lydia was consumed with light, the joy and happiness blinding her to the horrors that lie in the cracks of the world. She skipped through life only seeing the good in people. But what Lydia failed to see was that the world is a cruel place, all she saw was the sliver of light.

Whereas Finn walked his path in the dark while making sure the love of his life never stepped foot into the shadows where he stood.

Lydia slept in the spare sleeping bag on the floor after she told Finn to get some rest.  She waited until Finn fell asleep before settling down and falling to sleep herself.

Now Finn leaned over his bed to see Lydia fast asleep on the ground with the empty gun tightly gripped next to her chest.  She didn't want Finn to wake up and try anything so she emptied the gun and made sure it was with her at all times.  It seemed as though even in the depth of her unconscious state she protected Finn with every fiber of her being.

"Hey," Lydia's groggy morning voice made Finn jump.  He snapped out of his stare to see Lydia smiling a weak smile, her eyes barely open.

"Hey," Finn smiled back but soon fell when he saw the dark circled that lined Lydia's eyes.

"Did you sleep?" Finn blurts out making Lydia's eyes widen before softening. Finn didn't like the fact Lydia was loosing sleep over him. Finn took a deep breath hating that Lydia had been subjected to the nightmare that was his life. Because they lived in a cruel world and it was rare to find people as wonderful and filled with happiness as Lydia.