[16]

WARNING*- Mature content, including vulgar language, talks/ attempts of suicide, and trigger themes.

~•~•~•~

The water was crystal blue and it reminded Finn of the sky and every blue sweater Lydia had ever worn

The water was crystal blue and it reminded Finn of the sky and every blue sweater Lydia had ever worn.  It reminded him of the blue cotton candy at the carnival so many nights ago.

Finn felt woozy all of sudden and maybe it was from the water that surrounded his body with cool warmth or maybe it was the fact that Lydia's turquoise eyes stared back at his.  Her hair soaked in water with a smile so genuine, Finn had never seen anything more real.

The water was shimmering with the light of the sun reflected off creating rainbows of colors and crystals of light.

"See, I told you this would be fun." Lydia's cheeks darkened into a deep red color and Finn wondered when the last time Lydia blushed was.

Finn realized Lydia was blushing; she was blushing because Finn was staring at her.  Finn was in fact staring at her. 

His eyes widened in horror before quickly averting them to the first place he saw.

But Lydia blushed because Finn was staring at her.

And Finn didn't realize what that meant.

"You didn't tell me I would get wet though," Finn mumbled hearing Lydia's laugh follow.

"Oh come on Finn, when you were younger don't tell me you didn't ever pretend to be a mermaid when you went swimming." Lydia's lips flattened as did Finn's before he then proceeded to burst into laughter.

"Oh my god Lydia, do you honestly think I'm a girl?" Finn asked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"What!? Men can be mermaids too.  That's why they're called mermen." Lydia smirked obviously proud of her intelligence.

"Yes Lydia, when I was six years old and went to the pool I pretended I was a mermaid living under the sea waiting to find my one true prince." Finn spoke with sarcasm laced in his voice.

"You're no fun Finn," Lydia tried to frown but only ended up smiling more than she was five minutes ago.

"You have a beautiful smile," Finn said without a thinking making Lydia's lips drop before turning to him.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I-"

"Thank you." Lydia said after a long pause as a genuine smile spread across her face.

"Finn, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Lydia suddenly asked making Finn pause before his eyes widened.

"I'm not sure," he answered honestly.  Because Finn didn't have time to think about his future.  His grades were already dead and he was too worried about when the next time his father would come home to think about the future and what he would do at the end of the year. And to be brutally honest, Finn didn't think he would make it passed high school.