[03]

WARNING*- Mature content, including vulgar language, talks/ attempts of suicide, and trigger themes.

~•~•~•~

Finn arrived home with a contagious grin plastered on his face.  His eyes twinkled with joy as he stepped through the entrance to his home something he hadn't done since he was a boy. 

Finn couldn't be more happy.  A sense of warmth was flowing through his veins and he didn't ever want it to stop. Finn had never felt this happy in his life and words couldn't describe the feeling that pumped in his heart.  Although he had just merely spent his last period of school playing Monopoly with Lydia, he still felt overwhelming cheerful.

Finn walked with a spring in his step towards his bedroom door.  Kicking off his shoes, he dropped onto the familiar mattress with a sigh. 

Finn knew this feeling that was flowing through him was only temporary.  And he also knew that once this feeling finally met its unknowing end that he would need to wake up and realize that nothing had changed. 

He was still in love with a girl that only saw him as a friend.  His mother and sister were still buried six feet under and his father was still an abusive, cruel, drunk.  And once the bliss that surrounded his heart in that moment ended the darkness that tainted his heart would show once again.  And Finn would once again be stuck with the personal hell that was his life.

So, Finn smiled with a sigh, his eyes still tightly shut.  He never wanted this feeling to end, but he feared it would end faster then he expected.

Because right as Finn let the breath of his sigh escape his lips he heard the distant clicking of a door unlocking.  Finn's eyes shot open, scrambling to his feet knowing what came next.

The air instantly smelt of alcohol, guilt, and terror.  Finn gulped in fear following by a deep inhale, wishing this would all be over.

"Finn!" A voice echoed through the house making a shiver run up Finn's spine.

Finn's lips started to tremble with fear as the voice slurred. "Finn!"

"Where are you, you son of a bitch," the voice mumbled slightly slurring the words.

Finn didn't think his father would return home for another couple of days.  Granted, his father would spontaneously leave and then randomly return at any given moment.  But for some reason Finn thought he had more time.

"Finn! Get your ass down here!" The voice boomed through the house making Finn gulp. 

Finn's lips trembled as tears welled in his eyes. He knew if he didn't obey then the beating would be much worse.

So, Finn slowly stepped down the stairs following the stench of alcohol and pure evil.

Finn stepped into the foyer dreading the day he was ever born.  With one single step he was standing right in the line of vision of his father.

His father slowly tilted his head towards Finn, jaw hardened and knuckles clenched. 

The smell of liquor laced through the air as his vision blurred from the tears that started to well.  But Finn couldn't cry, no, that would only make it worse.

Finn just wanted to leave, run far away so fucking badly.  And in these moments Finn even felt like dying and he didn't even care about what he left behind. 

And that was what terrified him most.

His father tilted his head until he was staring directly into Finn's eyes.  Finn visibly gulped with trembling lips.