[18]

Some people say that when you die you see your whole life flash before your eyes.

That every single moment good and bad appears in front of you again and that you would relive your childhood and grow in your memories.

For Finn, it wasn't like that.

Because when that bullet hit all he saw was Lydia's face.  He saw her eyes and her over-sized green sweater.  He saw her furrowed eye brows and her tears dripping down her eyes as she pleaded for him to wake up.

But slowly it started to fade.

And suddenly, everything was black.

• • •

"Look! look, look," Lydia pointed with a smile on her lips as she leaned closer to Finn.  Finn turned to the object that she was pointing at. 

But when Finn turned he saw one of the most beautiful things he's ever seen.  Well besides Lydia of course.  There in the distance was the sun seeping into the mountains as it pulled all of the light along with it. 

The sun slowly fell as beautiful  colors formed around it.  The colors dripped like a saturated sunset as the colors  blended and dripped into one another.  The golden orbs that once filled the sky slowly dimmed as the yellow that was once there turned to a light pink that formed quickly into a dark purple that reminded Finn of a grape. 

A grape that tasted so fruity between his lips.

That beautiful grape color quickly diminished as it turned into a dark blue.  Twinkling stars shone through the night as the pale present moon took its place.

Finn had never sat and actually watched the sunset before.  He never knew why, he just never thought to actually watch it.  "I watch this almost every night," Lydia whispered still staring at the sky.

Finn didn't know what to say.  He was utterly speechless, something he found himself when he was around Lydia often.  It was the most beautiful sight he'd ever seen.

"It's beautiful," Finn whispered still staring at the beautiful night above.

Lydia turned to Finn with a small smile.  She leaned closer to Finn as she slowly grasped Finn's hand gently before she whispered in his ear.  "I'll teach you to be happy, Finn."

Finn turned to Lydia with a frown and furrowed eyes.  But Lydia just stared at him before smiling as a tear slowly trickled down her cheek. 

"I promise."

• • •

"Finn wake up! Come on, Finn wake up!" Lydia yelled her forehead pressed securely on Finn's, sobbing as if he could hear her.  Tears streamed down her face as the blood on her hands seemed to seep into her skin as she held Finn's face tightly.

She couldn't lose him.  She had almost lost him last time and she wasn't about to lose him for real.  Because to be entirely honest, Lydia couldn't bear life without Finn.  He was her best friend: the person that knew her the most.  The person she trusted with everything in her.  The only person in the world she could tell anything to without the fear of judgment looming over her shoulders.

Lydia's phone was covered in Finn's blood as well from when she called in a panic trying so desperately to get someone to help her, to help him.

"No, no, no, no, no please don't leave me.  Finn I can't lose you." Lydia sobbed into Finn's blood soaked shirt as his pulse started to slow and his eyes still tightly shut.