[02]

WARNING*- Mature content, including vulgar language, talks/ attempts of suicide, and trigger themes.

~•~•~•~

"Thank you," Finn turned towards Lydia with a weak smile.

Lydia smiled back, one hand still tightly gripping the steering wheel although the car had parked.  "It was no problem," she nodded as a small smile drifted across her lips.

Finn grinned weakly before stepping out of the car.  He nodded at Lydia before turing and walking towards the house that he once called home.  That he once felt safe in. 

But Finn didn't call this place home. When he thought of home he thought of her hair, the sound of her voice, and how her skin felt against his fintertips. 

For this wasn't Finn's home.

Home is where the heart is.

And Finn's heart was with Lydia.

~•~•~•~

Finn awoke with a jolt. He jerked to a sitting position before taking deep breaths. Sweat trailing down his forehead as he breathed in and out. Slowly, in and out.

His light chestnut hair had fallen down his forehead and stuck slightly to his skin.  His hands were trembling and the hot air that passed his swollen lips made a small shiver run up his spine.

Finn glanced around to notice that the place he had woken up in wasn't his bedroom. All he saw was darkness. Silence surrounded him with the smell of alcohol floating through the air.

His eyes immediately widened in alarm knowing that smell all too well. Finn frantically scanned his surroundings looking for the man that haunted his sleep.

But he saw nothing; darkness mixed with silence made him feel uneasy and slightly on edge.

Finn knew he was dreaming, because this was how all of them started.

But for some reason it felt real. And every morning Finn expected to wake up with bruises on his arms and scars on his back.

He told himself to calm down, that it wasn't real, but it only made his breathing heavier.  Finn's breath came out fast and choppy and he couldn't bring himself to stop it.

"Finn," a voice whispered through the darkness making Finn's eyes avert from his lap to across and through the darkness.

Although Finn could not see the face he knew the voice all too well and he knew what came next.

"Finn!" The voice snapped through the darkness cutting the silence like a butcher knife. The voice was low, rough, and the words that echoed through the darkness were slurred and loud.

Finn forcefully grabbed his ears, pushing his hands flat against his head as much as he could trying so desperately to block out the noise.

"Finn!" The voice bellowed as it rang through Finn's ears.

"Finn!" It felt as if Finn's head was on fire as he clenched his jaw and screwed his eyes shut.

"You're worthless," tears trailed down Finn's cheeks as his eyes turned red.

"You're a worthless piece of shit!" The words slurred as they rang through the air.

"You killed your own mother!" Finn choked on a sob refusing to believe he was the cause of his mother's death.