Chapter Nineteen: Thanksgiving Day (Part One)

★Colette★

"Wake up, Kent!" I say, shaking his shoulder. He groans and flips onto his stomach. I roll my eyes and straddle his hips, my hands on his shoulders. "Come on Kent! You gotta wake up!"

He flips over, keeping me on him. He looks up at me, smirking.

"Queenie, it's a bit to early for this, don't you think?" he teases, I blush and punch his shoulder.

"Shut up, you perv." I say. "My parents are expecting us at noon! Come on! We have to get ready! It's already ten!"

He groans and pulls me down on the bed, holding me against this chest. Any other morning, I would let him hold me, but this morning I'm really bouncy and energetic. I want to get up and move.

I push away from him and get out of bed, heading for the bathroom. I start the water and strip out of my clothes. I get a wicked idea.

"Kent?" I call out.

"What Lettie?" he asks, sending shivers down my spine. I love it when he calls me that.

"I'm naked!" I sing, a few seconds later he's walking into the bathroom, rubbing his face. He spots me and raises an eyebrow.

"What's gotten into you this morning? You're so bubbly." he says, locking his arms around my waist and lifting me up on the counter. I twine my arms around this neck and press myself against him.

"I don't know. I woke up in a good mood." I say, kissing his neck. He groans and drops his boxers.

"Well, you're about to be in a better mood." he says, making me giggle, as he steps into the shower with me wrapped around him.

★★★★★

Kent had his way in the shower, and let me tell you, it did put me in a better mood. If that's possible.

I wrap a towel around my body and make my way into he bedroom, Kent following behind me. I slip on a pink and white lace bra-and-panty set, then prance over to the closet to find my dress. I find it and pull it from the hook. It's a navy blue, one shoulder strap dress. It stops above the knee. On the single strap there is a silver beaded design going around the top of the dress. With a smile, I slip it on and pull out a pair of silver strappy heels. I walk into the bathroom, drying my hair and running a brush through it. I'm not sure if I want to leave my hair done or pull it up.

"Leave you hair down." Kent says from the doorway. I turn and look at him, he's messing with his sleeves of his button up shirt, putting on cuffs or something. He smiles at me and steps inside.

"I like your hair down, just leave it like this." he says, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my neck. I look at myself in the mirror and groan.

"My mother will throw a fit. And she's already gonna throw a fit about this!" I shout, pointing to the tattoo that is clearly on display.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into him. "Let her. There's going to be three other families there. Let her cause a scene and make herself look bad."

I groan and push away from him. "I'm just gonna mess with it a little bit. I still have to do my makeup too."

"Why do you do your makeup only when we go to see your mother?" he asks, genuinely curious.

I pin some of my hair back and grab my makeup bag. "Because, she doesn't believe in natural beauty, though she definitely has it."

I am a younger version of my mother, and while I know I'm not overly gorgeous, I know I'm a good looking woman. My mother, before she married my father, was a model in France. They met at a show and hit it off right away. She's been around makeup her entire life. It's not surprising she is a firm believer in fake perfection. I, on the other hand, am not. Makeup makes me feel insecure, but I wear it because my mother would probably have an aneurysm if I didn't.